• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

of all the guns, why G-41?

The G41 is my favorite weapon now hands down. It is better than the G43, damage and accuracy wise. One shot one kill with that thing, best weapon in the game in my opinion and the best add on, keep bringing up weapons that were hardly used! w00t P.S- If the weapon was as good as it is in the game, their would have been no G43 peroid.

G43 needs a sweet sound as well..

Upvote 0
I even haven't heared about the G41 before (and I know a lot about WW2). Just look at this page with a lot of german weapons. Most of the weapons there haven't been made yet. (same with the MP41, also on every map)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...fantry_weapons

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable historical source. ANYBODY can contribute to it/edit it.

It pisses me off that people just automatically go to Wikipedia, read a page and suddenly they are an expert. Do people not read books anymore (and properly researched ones at that)!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My early impression of the G 41 is that it performs about the same as the G 43 only with a very long reloading time when loading an empty gun which, in my opinion, game wise easily explains why the G 43 was developed as the long reload time renders one defenceless:eek: :( for what feels like an awfull long time, other than that I think the G 41 is both an accurate and powerful weapon that needed to be implemented in the game for balance reasons.
Great job on that one TripWire:D

Upvote 0
G41 is added for GAME balance...remember folks this is a game, and it needs to be balanced otherwise it can destroy the fun.

I support introduction of G41. At least its better than to add MP41
Remember, on early war maps G41 may stand for SVT40 that germans captured in sheer numbers. Altho I'd prefer that SVT and sometimes PPSH would be available to germans to pick on certain maps...

Upvote 0
I support introduction of G41. At least its better than to add MP41
Remember, on early war maps G41 may stand for SVT40 that germans captured in sheer numbers. Altho I'd prefer that SVT and sometimes PPSH would be available to germans to pick on certain maps...

Thats why you can 'capture' them yourself from russians you killed :) Those guns didn't capture themselves you know ;)

Upvote 0
I don't know if I like or hate the implementation of the G41.

The G41 itself is very nicely done. I like both the grafics and the sound of it.It has a longer reloading time as the G43, if it's completely empty. But it compensates this issue with the point, that you can reload it if it's half empty. So this is rather a advantage. If you want to reload the G43 before it's empty you collect half used magazines were you don't know how much bullets are in. Moreover the G41 has two bullets more and it has much lesser sway and better Ironsights then the G43.

So for me the G41 is better then the G43. And that makes for me no sense. Introducing a rare WW2 weapon which had several functional problems in reality as a uber-weapon in RO.

Upvote 0
Yeah but 'over 100,000' is not a lot compared to say the 400,000 odd G43's or 1.7 million SVT40's now is it?

You can't really compare Russian and German numbers in this deparmtent. Take any German small arms and you'll see that the Russians produced around three to four times as many of their respective counterpart. Afterall the Russians had to supply x-times more soldiers.

What other German rifle would've been an option?

G33/40 maybe? But then it doesn't really add much to the game (still like to see it someday).

Within the games limits the G41 seems to be modeled accurately: It really was known for being quite accurate, and sway seems to kick in sooner than with the other rifles, which would be logical for a front-heavy rifle (as would be the reduced recoil). The problem is the game doesn't model the inherent flaw of the gun: JAMMING. Without that modeled the G41 is really better in many ways than the G43.
To counter this a bit we NEED the mid-clip stripper reloading for the G43 and SVT which was just as possible with those rifles as it was with the G41.

BTW: I love the model of the gun, especially in iron sights mode. Best weapon model so far, very clear sights.

Upvote 0
Here's a little reading for you all (taken from an Encylopedia of weapons from WWII - an actual book not a random website)

g41_g43.JPG

If you read through fully and note the section highlighted with a red box tens of thousands were made, and virtually all were issued on the Eastern front. They were made and issued because they had no other option until g43 entered full scale production.

Comapre that to 7,000 FG42s built and split between both fronts and you do start to wonder why people would feel that was a better and more wanted choice as an addition to RO.

The G41 was not a bad rifle per se, it was simply not well suited to frontline service. A little too heavy and prone to jamming if it wasn't well maintained. That wouldn't stop a solder being willing to use one over a bolt action given the chance, it was just up to him to make sure it kept firing when he needed it most.

So all in all the g41 issued on small numbers on early war maps is both a senisble gameplay decision for balance and a decision based on sensible facts and figures. This is not nearly as rare as many people seem to think, it's just that as soon as an improved version came along it was quickly replaced in even greater numbers.

Upvote 0