• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 September Free Update now available!

The new patch is really good. The new pickup system is a big step in the right direction, and it'll be so much better with proper weapon drop/pickup animations and timing. The new G41 is the best gun I've ever seen. I actually haven't noticed anything new about the jogging animations, but I haven't really looked at that.

Upvote 0
Okay, the new Russian voices are significantly better than the previous ones, and I like the fact that the G41 uses a completely new (and good) sound as opposed to the mosin nagant 44 from the previous patch which simply reused another sound. Haven't really played enough to notice the new ragdoll effects, but I can imagine that they are cool.

The bad part in my opinion, is the "improved" jogging animation. I just don't believe a normal person jogs like that. Pretty much every other animation in the game (including the sprint) looks fairly on point, but the basic jogging still looks stiff, robotic, and strange. Hopefully you guys will update it at a later time, but it's really not that essential to gameplay at all.

Other than that minor issue, it's a solid patch.

Upvote 0
New russian voice commands sound better than the old ones.
they are OK, the artillery call is still says "secunda", not "figura" (the original wording I made and recorded for the mod version long time ago). The gogogo is completely f-ed up, and the "sorry" sounds kind of funny. Overall a so-so addition.
ps. all the spicy language has been removed as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was on kaukasus playing as the kommander with a semi-auto rifle this eve. as i tossed my 2 alotted nades, i scoped some german nades laying on the ground. i went to pick them up while i held the semi in hand. for some reason i tossed my semi and picked up the dead germans nades and gun. whats worse the gun was empty. i got pwned. is this how the new swap system is supposed to work? if so how is this better than the way it used to be? am i missing something?

Upvote 0
Might of been a map BSP error which can cause invisible blocking of weapons/players.

Who knows?... I was just near the platform of the South Rail Yard and the two German bots were right in front of me, about 5 meters away, open space, with nothing blocking the view. I was very surprised to see neither of them died after emptying - practically at point blank, from prone position - a whole PPD40 drum into them. In fact, after the first bursts, seeing that nothing happens, I started experimenting, to see how much can they take. :) They took it all, but stayed alive... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
buster said:
i was on kaukasus playing as the kommander with a semi-auto rifle this eve. as i tossed my 2 alotted nades, i scoped some german nades laying on the ground. i went to pick them up while i held the semi in hand. for some reason i tossed my semi and picked up the dead germans nades and gun. whats worse the gun was empty. i got pwned. is this how the new swap system is supposed to work? if so how is this better than the way it used to be? am i missing something?

I havent had a chance to play with the new patch yet, but I was wondering how the game handles this situation. Say I've used both of my nades. Ok, now I cant select the nade slot anymore because I'm not holding any grenades. So how do I go about picking up nades from the ground if they are in a stack of weapons since I cant select the grenade slot anymore. Will I be forced to drop/switch my gun, or whatever else I may have had in my hands at the time? How does the game know I want to pick up those nades if I cant select the nade slot anymore? Just curious how the game handles this.... :confused:

Upvote 0