• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Russian Voice

The new voice commands sound "better" in terms of quality, but they all sound too much like a studio recording. Not someone shouting in battle.
I really miss the old "go go go"... it was just a very pushing command, a man shouting to fire up his comrades into battle.

In short:
The new voice actor is very nice, the commands sound more realistic etc. but they lack the "heart" as meantioned before. This is frikken war! :p

I agree, i was expecting some serious yelling when i hit go go go.

Upvote 0
I don't think the voice acting quality is really worth complaining about. It's not like these guys are making grammatical errors or anything, or that they messed up something in the translation. It doesn't really matter if the new voices have slightly less "feeling". I think the new voices are fine, they sound like a 19-20 year old dude, and those are the people that were fighting the war. The old voices reminded me of a 45 year old mountain-man with a big burly beard.

Upvote 0
1-C should stick to databases ;)

JK - I'm glad you got the biggest player in Russia on board. I suppose there was a need to get all buddy buddy with such a major distributor and get them involved, but having a huge software company does not automatically make them the last word in voice talent. The present guy sounds exactly like the kind of voice talent a db/spreadsheet company would provide. ;)

As I recall the only complaints about the previous guy were that a) he sounded 'a bit hammered' and b) my Mrs thought the language was rather strong.

Well being a bit hammered and using strong language were hardly a rarity amongst Soviet troops (although the hammered bit usually occurred afterwards when they found a hidden stash of meths or whatever).

And the swearing... well, I have never heard the B-word delivered with so little conviction as the present guy does it (although if you record him when he reads this post you might get a better take). Even my Mrs reckons a nun could swear better than that :D

Anyway, as I said before, you're unlikely to patch it back, and you're prolly more concerned with keeping Kolya Baryshnikov's son (or whoever it is) in the game than keeping a disgruntled old gamer like me happy but the change of the class names was made into an optional feature - hopefully the old voice files were not deleted and you can make another option:

bRussianVoiceNerdyAccountantPhoningInASpreadsheet = false :) :) :)

Until then, like Dumba, I am afraid I will be playing mostly German; the new voice gets on my t*ts too much. And that irks me... deeply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I hate to say it but I totally agree with Nestor. The new voices are **** big time and I'm pretty old myself to be sure this feeling is not due to some neophobia.

It really isn't the end of the world, but it is something similar. I would be pleased if the two voice pack were merged but since it most likely wont happen I uploaded the previous version here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/33774631/gade.rar.html

Upvote 0
I don't think the voice acting quality is really worth complaining about.

This may be because you don't speak Russian or, judging by the sig, play Russian thru preference much.

Imagine that this was a Western Front game and they got Emo Philips to do the US voice commands. Or Marvin the Paranoid Android to do the Brit voices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0