• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What happened to kalinin (sp?) Please remake

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Hey not sure I got the spelling right, but this was the first 'true' large tank map for the mod, think it got introduced in 3.3? It was apsolutly huge and was extremely popular as far as I remember.

In fact peeps starting moaning cos the map was being played so much.

I havent posted this before because I thought someone would have by now & am really surprised no-one has :(

I really think this should be ported over to OST :eek: :)

It was like tank fighting in the alps :p

Kalinin was thrown in in 3.0 as part of the *Look! We have tanks now!* phase. When 3.1 came out and the tanks actually started to behave correctly, they put in Barashka and everyone pretty much forgot Kalinin, especially since the new tanks couldn't climb the hills.

If you want a remade Kalinin, I think Orel is by far the closest you get, and it actually does a good job of catching the few good elements Kalinin had back in 3.0.

Upvote 0
It was like tank fighting in the alps :p

If someone DOES want to make a "tank fighting in the alps" map, I am all for it. That could be cool. Especially in a mountain valley, with one cap point (an outhouse for a farm down at the bottom). But you have to run the gauntlet down one of two opposing mountainsides. Tank sniping 4eva!

Kalinin would've been fun if infantry had the major role.

Upvote 0