• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many ppl play this game?

The community is more than big enough that you will never lack for full servers, but small enough that you occasionally run into familiar faces.

Always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when someone asks "are you EvilHobo from the forums?"

Community size is pretty good around here, in my opinion. That, and everything is more or less centralized on the forums here, so everyone seems to know what's going on in the RO community.

Upvote 0
around 2500, guess. estimated time zones, people who are away, and school and stuff. around 150 people playing not between 5pm - 12am EST. and at least 250 during that time. and just estimated rest.

2500??? Perhaps if you are counting only players online at a given moment. However, grand total must be exponentially larger than that. If it was only 2500 then Tripwire itself would have only made...lets say a low sales price of $20 US dollars per game, a total of $50,000.
Red Orchestra is for sale in every major video game sales outlet I've been in, as well as online, and for sale in a multitude of different countries.
If you take that original estimate of 2500 (which is just that poster's guess), and assume that players play for a generous 3 hours per day, then you get 15,000 different players each day, which is over 105,000 different players each week if players only play that one night. Many will play a small amout of time each day. (Myself, I have 1 to 2 hours about half the days each week I play) So factor in us players who only play once a week or on weekends or every few days and add a whole lot more.
Who knows....only that the number is likely in at least the high tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands. Any less and this game would have died for lack of capital, and we know it's making money because they are hiring more staff for development.

Upvote 0
Tracking on Gamespy stats (or the summaries at Zeitgeist), you'll find RO sitting in the top 15 games being played online at any given moment. Slowly creeping up the charts... we expect that number to increase significantly when the Russians, Czechs and Poles come online shortly (news announcement soon, we hope). To quote the sales director at 1C - (think great Russian accent here) - "any game where Russians get to kill Germans will sell well".

As for total sales, we're actually not at liberty to reveal, due to NDAs on the subject. But the total sales have certainly been good enough to keep us in business, as well as to take us past some of our sales targets :) We've been in the top 10 in Germany for a couple of months (second largest PC games market in the world...)

Upvote 0
Tracking on Gamespy stats (or the summaries at Zeitgeist), you'll find RO sitting in the top 15 games being played online at any given moment. Slowly creeping up the charts... we expect that number to increase significantly when the Russians, Czechs and Poles come online shortly (news announcement soon, we hope). To quote the sales director at 1C - (think great Russian accent here) - "any game where Russians get to kill Germans will sell well".

As for total sales, we're actually not at liberty to reveal, due to NDAs on the subject. But the total sales have certainly been good enough to keep us in business, as well as to take us past some of our sales targets :) We've been in the top 10 in Germany for a couple of months (second largest PC games market in the world...)

Wow. RO was bigger than I thought.

Upvote 0
I have bought 4 copies of the game for my friends. This game forces these deadbeats to upgrade their PC! HAHAHA. They come to my house and play it and are hooked. Since we are all married guys our wives just love me for doing this. I dont care its only a game and a very good one at that. Game on dudes

Upvote 0
I have bought 4 copies of the game for my friends. This game forces these deadbeats to upgrade their PC! HAHAHA. They come to my house and play it and are hooked. Since we are all married guys our wives just love me for doing this. I dont care its only a game and a very good one at that. Game on dudes

Yessir, OB!! This is quite a game. I am having a wonderful time. I, like yourself, am responsible for a number of players. I enjoy sharing the fun.

Upvote 0
Why the fetish about the number of servers??

Just checked Gamespy;
BF2 6,728 servers , 20,295 players = avg 3 per server which means many of the servers are simply sitting empty.

RO:O 291 servers , 1,400 players = avg 5 per server. Many empty also but average players per server is still greater.

I've seen the average number of players per server stay about the same over the past few days , sometimes higher , sometimes lower.

What does this mean?

Haven't got a clue :p

Only that one can infer that the RO community is active and there are certainly enough servers out there to fullfill your wildest dream. After all , what good are 6,728 servers if most of them remain empty anyway?

Upvote 0
Got to be way more than 2500. There are over 7000 people registered on this forum, and I'm pretty sure the majority of them have this game.

And I'm also pretty sure the majority of RO players didn't register on these forums.

Judging that a "mainstream" game like Star Wars Battlefronts 2 has about half the number of players online as RO at a time (according to Gamespy), then RO must be doing decently.

Upvote 0