• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cool little feature

Talking about the End of the battle, how about a song for the winning army? some catchy tune :D .

I know its DoD alike, but it wil be uplifting to hear a russian say something about the Comrades plus a big shiny red flag.

As for the axis, a marching crowd would be suited along with a pic of a pure aryan child... you know...with the blod hair, blue eyes... some red lipstick can go with that too...I don't know what they fancy of, so we'll leave the cosmetics for them.

consider.....

Upvote 0
Actually, no bad idea. I'd like it if it was made up similiar to the casualties meantioned in the trailer (somewhat serious and maybe a bit tragic, not like [CoD]"Kill count: 132 Jerries!"[/CoD]) .

Maybe instead of showing one overview-point of the map all the time, the screen would fade to black with white writing, showing the total amount of soldiers in battle per side (= maximum reinforcements set by map) and the casualties per side. Maybe a little text would be nice too:

"The grim battle between [Allied Team Name by map] and [Axies Team Name by map] finally ended, but many men lost their lives:"

I wouldn't like to see a "kill stat" at the end of a battle, but since Red Orchestra already pictures the gruesomeness of the eastern front a meantioning of the casuatlies would fit in very well.
If the loading screens would include some historical information about the upcoming map, it would give the battles of Red Orchestra a very unique touch.

/signed

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong ;)

I'm a fan of the not-so-funny games, too. I bought OFP in 2001 and played it since then until now. I also don't think that you should do it in a "whoa, look how much you killed" kind of way. I just don't want it to be in the "Oh my god, you're playing a war game! War is way too cruel to have fun playing it" kind of way...

Get me? :D

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong ;)

I'm a fan of the not-so-funny games, too. I bought OFP in 2001 and played it since then until now. I also don't think that you should do it in a "whoa, look how much you killed" kind of way. I just don't want it to be in the "Oh my god, you're playing a war game! War is way too cruel to have fun playing it" kind of way...

Get me? :D

yes, agree here.

A little chart something like:
Battle losses
Russian
Men AFVs Light Armor
89 14 18

Battle losses
German
Men AFVs Light Armor
121 18 22

Upvote 0
If its possible to code, make it appear in the loadingscreen of the next map.

If anyone has play U2XMP (or UTXMP) they would be familiar with the after game detailed score screen. It displays a lot of info on the loading screen in between games. This is a nice time to display it because we all hate just staring at those basic loading screens. In U2XMP it shows a list of events from capping, to headshots, to killing a artifact capper etc. and then to the right of each of those events it shows your score as well as the in game leader. This could be carried over to RO quite nicely I think just by changing the recorded stats to resupply, kills in cap zone, time in cap zone, caps, tank kills etc. Since RO is a team game you could add a couple more columns than the XMP version has so in addition to your stats and the MVP's stats there would also be German and Russian team stats.

[EDIT]Here's a screenshot I found so you can get a visual idea of what I'm talking about. This is from U2XMP but the UTXMP version is similar and directly on the UT2004 engine so it can be done easily with RO I would think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0