• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cool little feature

Actually, no bad idea. I'd like it if it was made up similiar to the casualties meantioned in the trailer (somewhat serious and maybe a bit tragic, not like [CoD]"Kill count: 132 Jerries!"[/CoD]) .

Maybe instead of showing one overview-point of the map all the time, the screen would fade to black with white writing, showing the total amount of soldiers in battle per side (= maximum reinforcements set by map) and the casualties per side. Maybe a little text would be nice too:

"The grim battle between [Allied Team Name by map] and [Axies Team Name by map] finally ended, but many men lost their lives:"

I wouldn't like to see a "kill stat" at the end of a battle, but since Red Orchestra already pictures the gruesomeness of the eastern front a meantioning of the casuatlies would fit in very well.
If the loading screens would include some historical information about the upcoming map, it would give the battles of Red Orchestra a very unique touch.

Upvote 0
so showing the bodycount makes you feel bad more then seeing soldiers getting ripped apart by grenades and artillery fire ingame? i'd say both are depressing, thus both should be in a war-game.
CoD is no wargame, it pretends to be. Operation Flashpoint is a wargame, Red Orchestra is a wargame, even Ghost Recon might be counted as a wargame, ( though good, it felt like a rainbow six in more open spaces to me. there was only 1 level in entire GR that felt like war to me ).
war isnt pretty, and thus wargames cant be pretty, or else it isnt a good wargame but something CoD-ish. IMHO

btw, this has my vote, if you couldnt tell from the story:) it isnt just all critics ;)

Upvote 0