• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Control bug?

Seebu

Sep 14, 2006
Hello everyone!

I bought RO after the free game week and have enjoyed it, until this week. I have some weird issues that I haven't got before, when I'm playing (single-or multiplayer) suddenly I just keep going forwards and I can't stop, some key's have changed their positions and some wont just work. I've set controls to "default" but that doesn't help. I have to restart the game to get it work properly.
I appreciate any help! I hope you can understand my post.
:)

That sounds like what would usually be a lag issue. Does this happen in Practice mode?

I also have had this happen (still do when I use the keyboard, actually) with a keyboard that had served me well beyond its expected life. If your keyboard is old or dirty, try to clean it out (Q-tips and rubbing alcohol work on the sticky stuff, compressed air should work on most of it).

Even if the actual plastic key pops back up, the 'button' underneath the key could be getting stuck or having a hard time coming back up, thus the computer reads it as being held.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

I bought RO after the free game week and have enjoyed it, until this week. I have some weird issues that I haven't got before, when I'm playing (single-or multiplayer) suddenly I just keep going forwards and I can't stop, some key's have changed their positions and some wont just work. I've set controls to "default" but that doesn't help. I have to restart the game to get it work properly.
I appreciate any help! I hope you can understand my post.
:)

You might try...... deleting your user.ini (after making a copy and stashing it) and restarting the game. Let it make a new one for you. Or, try a different keyboard.

Upvote 0
Oi, aye! Company of Heroes :) Bloody hard missions...yargh. But I've got all me medals thus far, hurrah!

Anyway, still no luck, try another keyboard. It ****s, but components do go bad after a time. Or, if it's a USB keyboard, try to plug it in to another USB slot. Very very small chance the USB port could be going bad or have a bad driver. If the driver is the case though, you'd probably be having a lot more problems than just twitchy movement in a game.

The beeping sound that you hear is the keyboard reaching the maximum amount of allowed inputs (basically). I'm not entirely sure if that is based on the keyboard or other system hardware, though.

Upvote 0
Since you were able to play for awhile and now the problem shows up really points to a bad keyboard.

Another area to check is do you have the Accessibility turned on. Maybe you are holding down a key in RO that you never use in any other game and are turning it on.

Do you have a programmable keyboard? Do you have it setup to increase the keyboard repeat rate the longer you hold the key. Might be buffering up lots of w's. I find with RO I hold down the 'w' key a lot more then anyother FPS I've played.

Upvote 0