• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Graphic Bug ?

Is this normal or not ?
I am not 100% sure but... I think my game looks nice and normal... and after 10 minutes, my Iron Sight looks rather odd...
Notice me holding this beautiful STG44
Looks like I got 4 hands holding it
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/948041/ro.JPG
my specs are
XP3000+ on Nforce2
1.5 gigs of ram
XFX6600GT(very good stock cooling) + a big fan blowing cold air from outside the case on the side.
Forceware 91.31 drivers giving me a SLI error at windows startup... (agp card)
I run RO @ 1280x720 with Most settings on high, I average 45FPS that seems rather decent... (I am a little unhappy with the card overall performance, I expected better before buying it)
I have overclocked my card, slowly, and VERY little
Stock it runs at 500mhz core and 1ghz ram
presently at 504mhz and 1.08ghz
Highest it has seen is 510 and 1.20ghz on a demo for 20 minutes with me monitoring the heat.

Am I crazy, is that pic normal or should I reinstall the game and use older drivers ?

If it was bf2, the Leet Pawnzors with their Ath64 4400, 2gigs of ram and SLI 2x7800's would say that our computers ****...
lol... I know I bash bf2 a lot... but I couldnt resist :D

Not to kill my own topic, I will add that I have uninstalled my Previous ForceWare drivers (91.31) and I have installed 84.** (the stars are higher then lower (forgot witch)) yesterday night (just tested them with a graphic demo) and I no longer have that SLI error at startup.

I also forgot that I forced AA2x on the card to better the graphs...
Also... 45FPS is the highest I See... in constant action, it drops well down to nothing....

God Forbid that I record with Fraps... thats instant 10fps

I will post my results as soon as soon as I Enjoy the beautiful game after work...

Upvote 0
I think the CPU could be limiting you more than the graphics card. Theres a point you can get to were it doesn't matter how good your graphics card is, you're still going to get the same FPS. Have you tried overclocking the CPU or could you upgrade it at all?

Look at overclockers.com (on the forums) for some guides on overclocking. Also obviously there is a small risk that you damage the equipment but if you're careful you shouldn't have a problem. I've been overclocking since I had a 350mhz and never had any hardware break on me yet.

This is what I would do, but just check the forums on overclockers first. Try upping the FSB and loosening the timings on the RAM (make the CAS higher (2.5-3.0) and up the voltage a bit (on CPU and RAM. I wouldn't go higher than about 2.7V on the RAM and about 1.8/1.9 on the CPU (I have 1.9 on my 2400+ anyway, assume it will be ok on your 3.0 as long as you have good cooling). Just keep increasing the FSB until you start getting crashes and lockups, then reduce it a bit till its stable. Check on overclockers before you try this so you have a good idea of what you're doing. I think the multiplier is locked on the 3.0 so thats pretty much all you can do to overclock unless you want to mess around modding it. As you increase the FSB, you increase the multiplier, so if you are on say 166FSB atm and you want increase it to 200 and the multiplier is 15 or eg you will go from 2500 mhz to 3000 mhz which should be a nice boost in FPS. This is just for socket A CPUs, its a bit different for Athlon 64 and anything later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the CPU could be limiting you more than the graphics card. Theres a point you can get to were it doesn't matter how good your graphics card is, you're still going to get the same FPS. Have you tried overclocking the CPU or could you upgrade it at all?​

Look at overclockers.com (on the forums) for some guides on overclocking. Also obviously there is a small risk that you damage the equipment but if you're careful you shouldn't have a problem. I've been overclocking since I had a 350mhz and never had any hardware break on me yet.​

This is what I would do, but just check the forums on overclockers first. Try upping the FSB and loosening the timings on the RAM (make the CAS higher (2.5-3.0) and up the voltage a bit (on CPU and RAM. I wouldn't go higher than about 2.7V on the RAM and about 1.8/1.9 on the CPU (I have 1.9 on my 2400+ anyway, assume it will be ok on your 3.0 as long as you have good cooling). Just keep increasing the FSB until you start getting crashes and lockups, then reduce it a bit till its stable. Check on overclockers before you try this so you have a good idea of what you're doing. I think the multiplier is locked on the 3.0 so thats pretty much all you can do to overclock unless you want to mess around modding it. As you increase the FSB, you increase the multiplier, so if you are on say 166FSB atm and you want increase it to 200 and the multiplier is 15 or eg you will go from 2500 mhz to 3000 mhz which should be a nice boost in FPS. This is just for socket A CPUs, its a bit different for Athlon 64 and anything later.​

Thanks for the advice... tho... I already maxed out my pc to what it can be...
the 462pins AthlonXP board with Nforce2 (or KT400) go up to AthlonXP3200

My problem is I have 3 bars of 512... all generic (Overclocking requires Quality ram) and one of my bars is a ddr333 (the other 2 are ddr400)
So that 1 bar of ram stops me from boosting my cpu from
333mhz bus to 400mhz (obviously go up slowly, test.....)

So... I am stuck with my 3 year old pc (witch has been upgraded within the years) So... I will Milk it for another year then get myself a new one... :)

In Soviet Russia, Computer Milks You

Upvote 0
Is the extra RAM worth losing like 500mhz on the CPU, and also you overclock the whole system when you put the FSB up. Maybe you can get some 400mhz DDR up on ebay or something. I don't know how big the difference is going from 1gig to 1.5 but you might actually end up with a faster pc by taking out that 333RAM in terms of FPS, but loading maps might be slower.

I agree on the milking thing though :D I've had this crappy computer for about 4 years now I think and never really struggled in any games. I'll get a conroe next year though :)

Upvote 0
Sorry guys... I must be paranoid...
for some reason, I was thinking that When I hold the gun on IS, the first 5 minutes is normal... later the look changes... bigger fingers or something...

I am probably wrong...
And people were telling me I would stop seeing things if I quit smoking pot:D
Maybe I should restart....:eek:

Is the extra RAM worth losing like 500mhz on the CPU, and also you overclock the whole system when you put the FSB up. Maybe you can get some 400mhz DDR up on ebay or something. I don't know how big the difference is going from 1gig to 1.5 but you might actually end up with a faster pc by taking out that 333RAM in terms of FPS, but loading maps might be slower.​

I agree on the milking thing though :D I've had this crappy computer for about 4 years now I think and never really struggled in any games. I'll get a conroe next year though :)

Thanks again for the advice, My CPU already has a high performance fan on it (6 months ago it was a 2400+ that overheated all the time due to crap stock fan...
So I will remove the ddr333 (That way I can also take better advantage of the Dual timing thingy) and I will run some tests...

Obviously, slow overclocks, benchmarks, if stable move up a bit...

My last computer was an 850 that I moved up to 1180 on the day I got it... 6 months later... cpu was dead... so I know slow is the way to go

I will say this by hopes that people dont kill their computers because we are all known to lack patience when it comes to playing around with performance and we all want MORE ASAP...

GOING FAST on OVERCLOCKING WILL KILL YOUR CPU !!!

EDITTED:

I Now run the ForceWare 84.21 Drivers.

THEY ARE FAR BETTER THEN ANY 9*.** drivers for the 6600GT
Trust me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0