• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In your opinion, Which Weapon is the best?

Either semi auto rifle. Rounds hit as hard as the bolt actions, and it can be fired very quickly in close quarter combat. And it's accurate at range to boot. You stand a very good chance against bolt actions at range, and a good chance against smg'ers upclose. And your gun is *the* best for mid range. So really.. it's the best gun to have by a long shot. It's a very good jack at some trades, and the master at others.

I do have to laugh at the people saying ppsh41. Good luck hitting anyone beyond 30m standing, making it a very restricted weapon to have on virtually any map.

Upvote 0
I'd think it's the people who *can* hit a target at range that are saying it's the best :)

If I was one of those who could I would be lovin' it too!
If you're talking about the semi-auto rifles... how could you not hit a target with that gun? If you miss, you just pull the trigger again, and again, and again...

It's great for moving targets too. If you make a lead on someone and miss, you can adjust within a split second.

It's not even opinion anymore.. it's factual to me. The semi-auto rifle (more so the SVT-40 for me) is the best weapon in the game.

Upvote 0
holy crap

holy crap

holy crap!

nobody likes the bolt action sniper?

kar98 and MN 91/30 w/ scope owns!!

I notice that sniper is useually the first role taken on map that have em. I'm not sure why people use the semi though. It's less acurate. And with the semi you can get rounds out faster but you might as well take your time and place your shot which in case makes it no better than the bolt action. Also with the bolt action, when you rebolt, you lower your rifle for a moment and you have a chance to see your perifrials and whats going on around you better.

I just would wish that you can put a bayo on it. :) I know its not what they did but I could probly bayo someone quicker than switching to the side arm, going to iron sights or just hipshot, and then shoot at him a couple of times and watch em die. ONE good charging sticking with a spear is all it takes. :)

Upvote 0
Ah the sniper rifles are for the newbies that still need to learn how to shoot with IS. lol/jk
But I do feel as if I'm cheating when using scopes. It just doesn't seem right to me. Even though I am usually the first one be on the server after a map load I always pick either the bolts with IS or the MG.
Plus it is very, very satisfying to shoot those punk snipers in the face with the IS. It is even more satisfying to stick a the bajo up theirs but that's another chapter of my sniper love story :D

Upvote 0
The Bayonet.

Agreed. Bayonet FTW :D

Each gun depends on the circumstance though really, although I like how you usually have a way of overcoming your guns inherent weaknesses by playing well. For eg. SMG is very good up close, but if you aim well you can kill them up close with a bolt, so winning is usually based on the players abilities rather than the weapon's, IF you play well. Its not a case of "DAMN his weapon's better than mine in this situation, might as well not bother to try to kill him or hope i'm lucky", which is the case in most games.

IF you mean which gun is best overall, it depends on a lot of factors really. Will you be fighting mostly up close (any SMG, preferably PPD)? Do you want a reliable weapon that will be accurate first shot at most ranges (bolt)? Are you so-so at aiming or want to be able to take multiple shots at short-medium-longish range (semi-auto rifle, STG), do you like to hide and not be seen when you kill people (sniper), can you think tactically and use your class for area denial (MG or squad leader)?

I usually prefer the bolt (mosin or KAR, gotta have a bayonet if you have a bolt IMO) though just because it feels like the most challenging weapon and IMO is the best weapon to use if you want to get better at the game. You learn to hip shoot, aim well and be stealthy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mosin-Nagant 91/30, and Kar98k.

With or without scope depends on hnow far I expect to be shooting.

But both rifles, even sans scope, are superior to every other weapon in the game for versatility.

Easily free-aimed (at least for me), more than powerful enough, more than accurate enough, and with the bayonet ability for those close and dirty situations.

As far as house clearing, if you run into a situation where you're getting mowed down by an SMG, you made what is commonly known as a tactical screw up.

Upvote 0