• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unusually low framerate.

Its definately not hardware for most of these people. For example, before the patch I use to run at 50 fps avg with all settings at high and 4x AA and 4x AF. Now Im running the exact same settings with an average of 40 fps, how exactly do I loose 10 fps w/o having changed anything or without any of the maps having been changed. I just reformated my system 2 days ago, installed everything again and still have the exact same problems.

Im betting it has something to do with the new UE patch they incorporated, something tells me something got ****ed when it was transfered to this version of the UE.

Upvote 0
I have:
Radeon 9600 pro
Athlon 2500+
1 Gb RAM

The thing is, my FPS doesn't change a bit if I put low or high settings. This is quite annoying, while I'm still getting FPS from 20-50, but it still does lag sometimes and I can't do anything about it. Hopefully Tripwire will do something about this!:mad: I still like the game, though.:)

Upvote 0
I have:
Radeon 9600 pro
Athlon 2500+
1 Gb RAM

The thing is, my FPS doesn't change a bit if I put low or high settings. This is quite annoying, while I'm still getting FPS from 20-50, but it still does lag sometimes and I can't do anything about it. Hopefully Tripwire will do something about this!:mad: I still like the game, though.:)

This is the same for me.

My FPS is everything between 15 to 80. it's really annoying and it was not like this before..
The worst thing is that i have recently upgraded my computer with additional 512MB ram, and a new soundcard but it is worse than before? i seldomly dropped belove 25 FPS before.

My hardware is.
Hightech Radeon 9600xt 256MB
Amd Sempron 3000
1.5 GB DDR Ram pc3200
Soundblaster 24

Running games like Day of Defeat source with directx level 9 do not give under 40 FPS, Brothers in Arms: Earned in blood (same engine) does not run under 50 FPS, even Quake4 runs much smoother.

If TW refuses to realize that this is an issue with RO then they really are dessapointing me, or atleast they need to check with ATI/Nvidia if theres something fishy going on.

I remember that Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill30 had a problem with ati's driver optimations for that game, if you had the ati drivers installed a workaround was to rename bia.exe to something else and you would have a normal FPS..

Is there anychance that ATI/Nvidia drivers optimizes red orchestra as a source engined game? hence making things only worse?

Please tripwire, look into this, get some support from ati/nvidia if needed.

another thing, people have not stated what chipset they are using, it can be a issue with the chipset drivers to..

my computer chipset is via, and i use the latest 4in1 drivers.

Upvote 0
I just realized something, all except one have stated that they use AMD processors... In the latest "patch" there was a cpu optimazion, well almost all of the users with FPS drops complains that this occured after the booster pack/latest patch!!!

coinsidence? doubt it!

Did tw forgett to optimize for AMD, or did they do things worse for AMD users?

I think the last one! because where are all the Pentium users that should have been complaining? (except the one)

Upvote 0
Besides the source engine, the unreal engine performs horribly on my com, when i played BiA (brothers in arms) last time , the germans and whatever were like shaking left right left right like crazy possesed germans. they looked like as if they were using a hack. but red orchestra seems to have better performance than the other games powered by the unreal engine. but i believe it hasn't got to do with the graphical system of the engine, coz i have played other games with better graphics and performed almost as good as perfect.
oh and one more thing. the hdr bloom in this game not only makes the game blurry, but also lags it ! man, i wonder when its gonna end...

Upvote 0
Its not just an AMD issue...I have a p4 2.8....the frames were fine before the last update...I hope I dont lose more fps after this next patch...

i hope you do lose more frames then maybe i can kill you at headquarters on odessa:D o/k.. but seriously i'm starting to dread each new patch:(

and for the guy that asked about mobo's mine is a via with the 4 in 1 drivers

Upvote 0
nVidia 91.31 drivers are the worst I've seen in years. the 8x.xx are more reliable and stable. So people who upgraded to those and are experiencing low framerates should roll back to those.

Don't forget to uninstall you old drivers when you install "new" ones.
Simply installing over the other set doesn't work.

I am SOOO going to follow your advice...

I made a thread about WEIRD graphics... tho I didnt really say anything about having the same fps problem as the author of this thread...

And I have the EXACT same computer... 1.5gig ram. 3000Xp with 6600GT

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/948041/ro.JPG

I have this all the time... I dont think that pic is normal...
I have been rammed by a German disconection once and my arms shrunk as if you look at them holding binoculars on reverse.. (soon crashed)

Tho it all gave me a great laugh

Upvote 0
lol. i love the little fat hud guy.

yeh i'm a tanker and the laggy stuff has made it hard to play in america [lol i'm in australia but no one plays tanks here anymore - they gave up.]

i'm shopping for a new game, it's obvious the devs have no interest in fixing any of the bugs...
their usual responce is [it works!!!] or go to ro.ini blah blah. fix your product, and stop filtering your forums favorably. it's well known now. deal with us. we have mouths........

Upvote 0
I just realized something, all except one have stated that they use AMD processors... In the latest "patch" there was a cpu optimazion, well almost all of the users with FPS drops complains that this occured after the booster pack/latest patch!!!

coinsidence? doubt it!

Did tw forgett to optimize for AMD, or did they do things worse for AMD users?

I think the last one! because where are all the Pentium users that should have been complaining? (except the one)

No, I had problems (post patch) with a P4. I have since changed motherboards and processors and the problem is no more.

Upvote 0
This also happens to me. On Barashka I can't look toward the bridge or my FPS goes to about 5. It happens on a few other maps also. I tried turning all my options to low and turning off DX9 and it didn't help. I am able to run any other game great including HL2 and Doom 3. I tried updating my ATI drivers and DirectX, and also my soundcard and the latest OpenAL drivers with no luck.

Here are my basic stats:

P4 2.8E
Radeon 9800 Pro
1 Gig RAM

Upvote 0
6600GT users Should Try
The ForceWare 84.21 Drivers.

Download them in the Nvidia site archives

They are Far FAR FAR BETTER then the latest drivers !!!!

Seriously,

I've got a 6600gt and have been using the Nvidia 9x drivers, including the latest 91.47 certified, I thought they were working fine but I had a problem where I could not read any video files, and had to reboot my computer.

I checked my codecs, installed the latest DirectX update, installed K-lite, done everything a mortal man could do to get things working, to no avail.

So in desperation I installed the 84.21 certified and guess what, every things working.

I've just spent the last hour watching all those little RO films that people have made, I'm as happy as pig in hsit !

I will keep an eye on my FPS and get back to you soon !

Upvote 0