• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank riding (Merged a gazillion times use search FFS!)

StyrmanKarlsson said:
1 - What about Inf could sit on top of the tanks?
Like they did.

2- Russian Anti-tank rifel could kill crew mebers inside light tanks or Apc.

3- Landmines please.

1. Has been discussed to death, and we all really want this implemented at some point

2. The devs have talked about adding this

3. no wai, landmines were static defenses placed long before a battle started.

Upvote 0
riding on top of tanks would be great if they made it easy to get up there if it was just like climbing into a tank but for infantry classes to climb on top just as easy. would really make it easier for tanks and infantry to support eachother.

Landmines would be neat but.. they would need to be made so they take a long time to set up. 2 min maybe and would need to be set in dirt. not stone or in houses or anything weird. with how limited they are and big and hard to use they would be so impractical i doubt its even worth adding in.

Upvote 0
Transportation on tanks for infantry.

Transportation on tanks for infantry.

Under what conditions it was possible to use in RO transportation on tanks for infantry.

1. It is not applied on old maps .
2. On new maps there should be an opportunity to specify is supposed this option or not.
3. The infantry cannot jump from the tank if speed is maximal, the tank should brake. Otherwise wounds / death.
4. The infantry cannot fire in movement.
5. The infantry on the tank is amazed with fire of a small arms. (machine guns, rifles....)
6. The tank can fire , but cannot move a tower. Because the infantry will be dumped . Wounds / death.
7. Hits in the tank HE all infantry perishes.
8. Hit in the tank AP . 50 % infantry perish, 50 % is wounded.
9. Close hit HE infantry perishes.
10. Т-34 cannot move on the maximal speed. 80 % only.(?)

It would be desirable to hear your opinion. And opinion of developers.

Upvote 0
Under what conditions it was possible to use in RO transportation on tanks for infantry.

1. It is not applied on old maps .
2. On new maps there should be an opportunity to specify is supposed this option or not.
3. The infantry cannot jump from the tank if speed is maximal, the tank should brake. Otherwise wounds / death.
4. The infantry cannot fire in movement.
5. The infantry on the tank is amazed with fire of a small arms. (machine guns, rifles....)
6. The tank can fire , but cannot move a tower. Because the infantry will be dumped . Wounds / death.
7. Hits in the tank HE all infantry perishes.
8. Hit in the tank AP . 50 % infantry perish, 50 % is wounded.
9. Close hit HE infantry perishes.
10. Т-34 cannot move on the maximal speed. 80 % only.(?)

It would be desirable to hear your opinion. And opinion of developers.

1. Why not all?
2. Dont get that...
3. I think if the men had to dive off, then let them!
4. Why not?
5. Eh?
6. I think if its time to fire, then the infantry have to make way!!!
7. And deservedly so :p
8. Hmm what if theres 3 guys on the tank?
9. Yes that would be cool!
10. Again why? In-game you wont have more then 2 or 3 hitching a ride, and it wouldnt be for long either. Unless they are suicidal nuts off course!!

All-in-all, we should be able to ride tanks. I know this isnt an original idea but I really REALLY want to ride a t34 to the front!!1 :D

Upvote 0
1. Why not all?
2. Dont get that...
3. I think if the men had to dive off, then let them!
4. Why not?
5. Eh?
6. I think if its time to fire, then the infantry have to make way!!!
7. And deservedly so :p
8. Hmm what if theres 3 guys on the tank?
9. Yes that would be cool!
10. Again why? In-game you wont have more then 2 or 3 hitching a ride, and it wouldnt be for long either. Unless they are suicidal nuts off course!!

1. It will break a gameplay. It will be other game. I like only this. And to you likely too.
2. At will of the developer. Likely not it is necessary for all cases.
3. Try to jump off from the car which moves for the speed of 30 km. About results write here. Remember any branch can kill you.
4. From a moving tank it is possible to shot only in the sky. Try to do such experiment by the car, only offroad . Remember people can suffer.
5. You can be killed always.
6. On distance of 600 meters from you the machine gun works, you cannot destroy it . The tank should make it.
It is really dangerous, in any army many such accidents.
8. An interesting question.
9. The evil child.:D
10. Т-34 in game and so the magic weapon , if it will carry still infantry with a speed of 50 km it will be a UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

All these restrictions should will give birth to something similar a team play, the tankman should think of infantry onboard, the infantry should abandon in time the tank, differently to you not win.

All-in-all, we should be able to ride tanks. I know this isnt an original idea but I really REALLY want to ride a t34 to the front!!1

I too want

Upvote 0
I think infantry riding on tanks should be essentially the same as Germans sitting impotent in the HT. This is probably the most feasible addition to the game and also perhaps the decrease of potential main gun traverse for the tank being ridden. It should be kept in might though that jumping off a tank going 40kmh probably isn't going to kill you, mind hurt, but that's really not that fast at all, it's slower than what you're allowed to drive in Australian residential areas.

Upvote 0
It should be kept in might though that jumping off a tank going 40kmh probably isn't going to kill you, mind hurt, but that's really not that fast at all, it's slower than what you're allowed to drive in Australian residential areas.

Experiment is necessary.:) But volunteers are not present.:)

It is certainly possible. But a problem in that that the soldier is very heavy loaded. Boots, cartridges , grenades , a helmet, a gas mask, a bag. The machine gunner and AT soldier to jump not can.

Upvote 0
Tanks should be able to carry Infantry

Tanks should be able to carry Infantry

I think It would be great that the tanks could be used as halftracks/transports for infantry

I think it would work much better than just dropping there a lot of clowncars and halftracks, maybe reducing the numbers to 1 clowncar and 1 Halftrack in each team, and having the infantry and tankers spanws in the same place

that way it could be much more immersive, and it would be real combined arms combat instead of a lot of tanks fighting in one side of the map, and infantry on their own in the other side of the map, with hundreds of cars and halftracks racing arround

Upvote 0
I like the idea, I think it could work really nice :)

index-0208-2vvv.jpg

Upvote 0
The Russians had specialized troops called "tankodesantniki".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_desant

Hey heres a awesome idea. Add 1 new class for each side. Russians will have the "Tankodesantniki" And Germans will have the "Panzer Grenadier". These 2 classes will have Anti-Tank grenades and will have the ability to ride on tanks, while the other classes can't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0