• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better Spawn Protection

DangDave

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2006
Illinois, USA
Learned a new trick today
I spawned with some guy named lil'matt ( who was kicked as lil'maggot and came back in ) and he butt stocked me, I dropped my gun, then he proceeded to pick it up.

When in spawn peeps should be protected from Enemy and Team attacks of all kinds.

this has probably been posted but this guy pissed me off so bad I just had to start a new one. :mad:

Also I think there should be some way of either making a player name permanent or maybe use Steam account name
so peeps wont do this kinda sht and come back in under different name.

That would be a big deterrent!

Last edited:
Knocking the gun out of the hand isn't as bad as being tked. I guess it is some sort of mistake with the code, just move around and don't give him a chance to smack your hands.

Not as bad as a TK, but if you've got an smg ( which is what I had ) and the other guy has a bolt, its a poor trade.

Its just another in a long list of stuff that could be easily fixed.

I think the permanent / registered name thing would cut all this crap.
Servers want you to report stuff but whats the point if the guy just goes in to config and changes his name every 5 mins?

Although if the the admin is on ( which is rare ) and he's quick he can catch the ip address.
which isnt fool proof either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
revenge teamkillers are an even lower lifeform than those who tk'ed in the first place...

LOL! Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

So here's what you do. When some moron steals your gun, you stay with him and stand in front of him no matter where he goes. Make it your personal mission to NEVER let him shoot that gun.

Or, just buttstock the gun out of HIS hands... :D

Upvote 0
Track him down and piss down his throat. That'll learn 'im.

*spits* yeehaw. :)

Wow didn't know ya could do that.
What key is that?

I might have over reacted in the heat of battle but actually this was the first time its happened to me. I see this kinda sht all the time in the DM's though.

Trip could easily fix the spawn sht and make an area of invincibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow didn't know ya could do that.
What key is that?

I might have over reacted in the heat of battle but actually this was the first time its happened to me. I see this kinda sht all the time in the DM's though.

Trip could easily fix the spawn sht and make an area of invincibility.

I think it's considered a VAC violation. In the spirit of being a fair sport, I won't post it here. Google might have something though.

I don't blame you for being irked, seriously mate. Just tossing in a random comment :)

Upvote 0
Once in a pub server one of my clanmates was idling with an SMG in the spawn so I knocked it out of his hands and then knocked his grenades away as well.

He came back and found himself standing there unarmed with his stuff having disappeared. I had just respawned and as a laugh he followed me into combat and we actually capped an area with him being completely unarmed :D

Upvote 0