• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mechcommander games given away for free

wow
Never saw that one comming

I liked Mech commander 1 gold, mech commander 2 was a bit of a let down though.

and heres a few of my mechs :p

cat1.jpg

ghost_mechs_1.jpg

Upvote 0
I was a huge.... HUGE Mechwarrior 3 fan. I was in |_Darkness_| and Honor Guard. I would still play the game if I could get it to run correctly under XP.

I bought MW4 and sold it in the same week. I hated the load outs and really thought they borked the game.

I might add, MW3 was my first online experience. The days of 56k were brutal.

I will keep talking only to amuse myself. I remember the first game I went in with a guy, I couldnt hit ****. Everything was a sure miss, he taughjt me about lag shooting, then I started pwning. I miss MW3..... *cries soflty to himself*

Upvote 0
Mech2 was one of my very first serious games for PC, and Mech3 continued the trend of pseudi-sim mech games. Very enjoyable. Then I tried out mech 4 and MechAssault 2 at a friends place and realised that Microsoft has destroyed the franchise. :(

I'll be keeping an eye on Assaulttech, Nebfer. Thanks :)

Oh, and Timberwolf for the win! (You inner sphere scum and your "Madcat" can go rot ;))

Upvote 0
Silky_SlimNebfer, i noticed your zion dom suit leg
Its a Dom Tropen from 0083 -and im going to get a Zaku2 and a GM command soon.

A few other pics of my mechs (and other stuff)

nebroomjpg.jpg

mechs.jpg

My Ghost bear "army" consits of the falowing units
Warhawk
Timber Wolf
Nova Cat
Line Backer
2x Mad Dogs
Storm Crow
Stooping Hawk
Nova
Grendle
Ice ferret
Kit fox
Mist lynx
(second row)
Kodiak
Highlender 2c
Marauder 2c
Super nova
Warhammer 2c
2x Naga
Artic Wolf
Griphen 2c (not shown in the pics)
Vixen (modified)

and a bus lode of Elementals (enough for 5 stars (platoons) worth)

other "clan" mechs I have are
Savage coyote
Timber Wolf
Nova
Hunchback 2c
Locust 2c
Storm crow
HellBringer
Burrock
5x Roc Protomechs
4x Stars of Gnome Battle armor
2x Svantovit APCs
1x Donnar attack Vtol
2x Hachiman LRM carriers

and a asortment of IS Mechs as well.

Upvote 0
I was an old time, 1st Edition Battletech player and had all of it. I let most of my Mechs go a long time ago when I fell out of the game. Looking back I could really kick myself as there were many of the old Robotech and Anime knock off mechs from before the Harmony Gold copywrite fight.

For me the peak had to be MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries. Nothing ever beat it in my opinion. There was a mod for it where you could continue to take contracts after the game officially ended. I loved the mechanics of the game as well as having all the Mechs I rememberred from my early Battletech days like Battlemasters, Marauders and Warhammers.

I would plug myself in with the Microsoft Sidewinder stick in my left hand (before the molded it to rightys) to control movement, keyboard in front of me, and mouse in my right hand to control torso twist and aiming. The hat on the stick fired the jets in all 4 directions with a thumb buttong for up. I was big on using PPCs for long range and medium lasers (ER if you could get them) for everything else. 6 ER lasers, grouped, and fired rapidly in sequence could quickly cripple a mech with a leg shot and generate controllable heat. If it got too high you could slow down the rate of fire.

I also loved the Arrow IV system.

Upvote 0