• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I am a cat person, I have 3 cats

That's really "cool" and "masculine", way to go.

Poor thing was probably tortured by humans when he was young. As a result, this happened.
Yeah all these macho cat haters need to understand that animals (just like humans) are a product of their environment. Probably some little dickhead sadistic kids (about 90% of all male youth) already worked their "magic" on the cat. I'm a cat lover. Also realise animals can't say "stay away from me" in the human language just like we don't bite people we don't want in our presence. Just cause an animal doesn't communicate in the human language doesn't mean they're just "stupid" animals, it means you (animal haters) are the ones who are stupid and don't understand.
EDIT: the link about animal cruelty in youth and budding cereal killers is well known and documented. If they don't become cereal killers they become "run of the mill" assholes which are in abundance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no i dont hate animals. I also understand your really going for animal rights after steve irwin died but its one cat thats pissed off. Were making to big of deal about oooo it grew up in small little town in new hampshire and was beaten till 3 years of age blah blah.
I've been an animal lover all my life (30years) Steve Irwin had zero influence in that (though I like(d) him alot.) I'm not making a "big deal" I'm just trying to inject a little intelligence rather than "Dude let's ****in kill all these stupid animals" mentality.

Upvote 0
So if you ever get the **** beaten out of you, or you get locked in a cage, expect no sympathy from us.

(By the way I'm hardly a animal rights activist, I enjoy shooting squirrels out of 20 foot trees, then finishing them off with a rock/log)
Is there a practical reason for doing that? I understand that many people (not me) have no qualms about killing animals that interfere with their activities (such as various critters eating/destroying crops, livestock, etc, Or to eat (squirrel pie, deer etc). But to kill just for "fun or kicks" is wrong and sick.

Upvote 0
Is there a practical reason for doing that? I understand that many people (not me) have no qualms about killing animals that interfere with their activities (such as various critters eating/destroying crops, livestock, etc, Or to eat (squirrel pie, deer etc). But to kill just for "fun or kicks" is wrong and sick.

To you it is, but to me it is what I do. I also hunt deer and eat their meat, O I'm a savage. :rolleyes: There is a bit of a difference between tieing two domestic animals by their tails and throwing them over a close line to watch themselves claw each other to death, and going into the woods with a rifle or bow and trying to FIND an animal that can smell you from a mile away, hear you from what seems like just as far, see you from as far, and knows the terrain and can run 50 times faster than you.

Upvote 0
To you it is, but to me it is what I do. I also hunt deer and eat their meat, O I'm a savage. :rolleyes: There is a bit of a difference between tieing two domestic animals by their tails and throwing them over a close line to watch themselves claw each other to death, and going into the woods with a rifle or bow and trying to FIND an animal that can smell you from a mile away, hear you from what seems like just as far, see you from as far, and knows the terrain and can run 50 times faster than you.
Mmmm, like I said killing without a practical reason is wrong. Hunting deer is different than plinking oblivious squirrels who have no clue or natural instinct to stay miles away from humans at all times. Like I said if you're going to eat the squirrel (make a hat) or it's destroying/invading human surroundings fine, but "just for kicks" isn't justifiable to me and seems like the exact same mentality that alot of the aforementioned ****head youths have ("let's go kill some ****").

Upvote 0
Mmmm, like I said killing without a practical reason is wrong. Hunting deer is different than plinking oblivious squirrels who have no clue or natural instinct to stay miles away from humans at all times. Like I said if you're going to eat the squirrel (make a hat) or it's destroying/invading human surroundings fine, but "just for kicks" isn't justifiable to me and seems like the exact same mentality that alot of the aforementioned ****head youths have ("let's go kill some ****").

Lime'd

Upvote 0
Hunting deer is different than plinking oblivious squirrels who have no clue or natural instinct to stay miles away from humans at all times.
Hey buddy, newsflash, the squirrels that live in real forests are a lot different from your suburban, hand fed, nearly domesticated ones. I've seen urbanized squirrels bold enough to steal from people. Real squirrels can be sort of dumb sometimes, but when they know you are after them they are a PITA to shoot. First off they are a small target and there are branches and obstructions everywhere if you were to use a .17 or a .22, and with a shotgun you gotta get in close. 2nd, they are fast, 3rd when they are in a tree hiding from you, they are gone. Now add to that, that I use .17 bolt action which limits me to one aimed shot and a .17 easily redirects off anything, and sometimes I use a .410 single shot which has just a few bb's in it. Killing squirrels certainly isn't as easy as you would like to think it is. O yeah I don't personally eat the squirrels but we give them to various people we know.

Upvote 0
Hey buddy, newsflash, the squirrels that live in real forests are a lot different from your suburban, hand fed, nearly domesticated ones. I've seen urbanized squirrels bold enough to steal from people. Real squirrels can be sort of dumb sometimes, but when they know you are after them they are a PITA to shoot. First off they are a small target and there are branches and obstructions everywhere if you were to use a .17 or a .22, and with a shotgun you gotta get in close. 2nd, they are fast, 3rd when they are in a tree hiding from you, they are gone. Now add to that, that I use .17 bolt action which limits me to one aimed shot and a .17 easily redirects off anything, and sometimes I use a .410 single shot which has just a few bb's in it. Killing squirrels certainly isn't as easy as you would like to think it is. O yeah I don't personally eat the squirrels but we give them to various people we know.
Alright.. I'm convinced that you're not just sadistically killing them for amusement but for "the sport" of it and also using the meat/body and not wasting it (which is the whole premise behind hunting, respecting and using what you kill.)

Upvote 0
meh im out of this one. dont matter anymore. yeah killing animals for no reason is kinda of dumb.( i dont care that much ) but i also like to hunt, if i get something ill eat it. Im all for 2nd amendment though.

The best convservation of animals is where people can hunt them but there there enough to be able to photograph and their population is in good numbers.

Upvote 0