• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where's the dolphin diving thread

IS while diving to prone works? I always lose the IS as soon as I go to sprint or go to prone. The only way I can keep IS up is from crouch to stand and back to crouch. But as soon as I try to go to prone from any position I lose IS view. Same thing counts for when I go from prone back to any position I will be back in normal view. Also, I can only switch to IS after I am in prone position. It requires some timing to get it up quickly right after going prone. But other then that... I don't really understand what you mean by dolphin diving in RO. Because the way it works in BF2 for example is not possible for me in RO.

Upvote 0
It's been mentioned before that it would be nearly physically impossible to hit the ground with the full force of a 150-200 lb body including equipment and keep any sort of IS up and in view.

You would stab yourself in the eye or crush the bones in your face first. When diving, I would assume that the rifle go off to the side, as when running, lest the butt jam into your stomache, ribs, etc.

There's a reason why they train soldiers to crawl with their rifles horizontal to their bodies.

Sorry I missed the topic posted above ... looks like it died a few weeks ago. Anyway, can we please get a version of this in the suggestions sticky so we at least know it's out there?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
It's been mentioned before that it would be nearly physically impossible to hit the ground with the full force of a 150-200 lb body including equipment and keep any sort of IS up and in view.

You would stab yourself in the eye or crush the bones in your face first. When diving, I would assume that the rifle go off to the side, as when running, lest the butt jam into your stomache, ribs, etc.

There's a reason why they train soldiers to crawl with their rifles horizontal to their bodies.
Totally agreed.

On the real, I don't mind getting killed by dolphin divers... but it breaks the immersion feeling.

Upvote 0