• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Slow Install of Red Orchestra Ostfront

Stauffenberg

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2006
I bought a new computer 2 days ago and thought id reinstal RO Ost. So i go to install it and Steam(ing) pos and it goes slow as hell. My Other computer it would just whiz by. Here is my dxdiag. And it takes forever to download updates for steam(ing) pos. The thing is i just found out its not installed although i used the two discs to install it. Seeing as i can only fit some of it ill post the rest later.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/7/2006, 09:51:00
Machine name: YOUR-3DF775B1BD
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: T6534
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 209MB used, 2710MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

If the INSTALL is going slow, it implies you've either bought something with a really slow CD drive (if you are installing from the CD) or you suddenly have a nice slow internet connection (if you are trying to re-download the game)... If the updates are taking a very long time to come through, it sounds like a slow connection.

Just a thought: does this nice shiny new Gateway PC have some barmy anti-virus settiings as a default??

Upvote 0
I have the same router and cable modem when i had my other computer. My router is a D-Link ethernet broadband router and my cable modem is a webstar made by scientific atlanta. Its like steam isnt recognizing my firewall. I dont have a problem downloading a 1.035 mod file for BF2. It downloads in a half and hour.

Upvote 0