• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DAwn of War: Dark Crusade demo

I managed to mod the demo's camera so you can zoom out more, and the field of view changed from 60 to 75 degree. Much much better!

if you want to try - put these 2 files in your Dark Crusade/Engine/Data folder

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/blitzforce/Temp/

just scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out . Also works better if you use the 3D camera option. If you prefer the 60 degree field of view or want to try 90, then just edit both files in notepad and change where it says field of view

now I wonder if I can do the same for the COH demo and MP beta...

anyway kinda ****s the Tau can't build turrets...

Upvote 0
I disagree, I spam turrets like you wouldn't believe in Dawn of war/WA and mods, especially with the Skirmish AI mod :D

when you have a full cap, and then add tons of turrets, then you can turn back a combined Ork/Squithgoth and Chaos/Demon attack, and then counterattack with your units and finish em off :cool:

the problem with the Tau, if your attack goes bad, and you lose most of your units, say good bye to your defense.....

Necrons should be interesting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was fun. I found the tau underwhelming a bit. I think they'll end up being strong early-mid game, but lack of any relic requiring unit might lend them to being easier to pop late game (especially with a certain race having rediculous Assault Terminator spam...er-herm). It's hard to tell, though, with the best stuff obviously being left out until retail. Those stealth suits mean people are going to *need* their commanders out early now, though, which is going to lead to some seriously altered build orders and strategies for some races. They didn't seem to do much damage though, so maybe I'm over estimating it. Seems like a poor choice, but given the power of the firewarrior squads the only logical one.

Bloody hell they're going to be tough when all I have is Guardsmen and Hellhounds/sents! Guess I'll have to use basilisks to disrupt them...but what is going to keep the damned Kroot busy? Yargh!

Upvote 0
I thought Terms didn't require a relic anymore. Anyways, yeah, the Tau have no relic unit, but all of their troops seem to be really powerful. Their stealth suits unupgraded seemed to not-be-very-good (I can't say s*ck?!) besides their invisibility, but the gun damage for fire warriors is insane. It's no wonder you can only have about 7 people in a squad. The battlesuits are neat too (no Broadsides in the demo, though :\). The commander really didn't impress me, though. I hope the Ethereal is bad-ass, though.

Upvote 0