• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

crosshair convert

If you've been playing non-stop RO since you bought it, and want to have a little fun in other games...

Play counter strike source, and type "crosshair 0" in the console. Proceed to kill everyone with your awesome RO skills. When they accuse you of cheating, tell them that you turned the crosshair off. :)
That actually sounds like fun. I might try that later tonight.

Upvote 0
Like in real life?

In real life you need to atleast your head visible to make a shot, in RO often times a person peeking from a corner will be barely visible. Maybe I should have said "unrealistically concealed" . Often in RO is no way they have the visual capability to make an aimed shot; as their eyes are not seen. Just the side of a helmet or a toe sticking out. However from their perspective they are in full view of the opponent it's strange. I'm just in favor of having a system that works nearly perfectly before implenmentation. If you can't get it right yet don't include it. It's not fair to get killed because the enemy has an unnatural advantage because of sloppy coding or geometry or w/e. And this happens very often in RO not the point where it can be overlooked. That's why I'd rather have it out, but not many people lean and fire anyways so it's alright.

Upvote 0
Actually, RO gets the side-lean about right. That's how you'll get your smallest profile when shooting - leaning around a corner (though they need to institute off-hand shooting for those left-leans). The over the top of cover shots are where the profile is too small, IMO. You have to expose everything from eyeballs up, plus a bit more to account for the height of your rifle/smg. Snipers would expose more of their head because of the scope height, regular riflemen, less.

When leaning right to shoot, all you need to expose is one eye, your rifle, left hand a bit of right shoulder and right arm. If you dip your arm properly, the profile is VERY small. Maybe I'll try getting a pic of it later, but I feel somewhat lazy.

Oldih: have you tried shooting on the move with a rifle? Anything old? I've done it with my 91/30, and trust me, it's frigging HARD to hit anything if you're walking. Center-mass shots should are only somewhat sure inside of about 20 yards, smaller targets/longer distances... No thanks.

Last tactical rifle shoot I did, there were two paper plates at about 30 yards, they wanted two hits on each, if you're facing the targets, you're walking right. Most people, even the M4-clone AR15 owners had to stop momentarily to hit them. I managed one hit on each, out of all five rounds in the Mosin. There were two more, but they were only about ten yards out. I managed all four hits on those, with two rounds hitting so close they were almost in the same hole. :D Again, a lot of the AR15 owners were off-target a bit, a lot of people hit the wood under the targets, which was fun, since the .223 would fragment and leave a fist-size hole in the target! One guy with an M1A (think M14) managed to blow a 4x4 piece of wood in half on that target.

Aimed fire on the move is fine for close-quarters, but get any more range, and it's not very practical.

Upvote 0