• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayo dive: Exploit or intensional?

Luther

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
I am just asking is the bayo dive a exploit or did the creators know about this before the release? For those who are not to sure what I am talking about, it is when you pull you rifle in getting ready for a stab, then diving to the ground releasing your hold on the bayo. I would't mind it but if I am being told I am using a exploit I want to be sure that it is before I stop my bayo diving antics.

Regards Luther

Bayonets have bigger problems: it is very hard to judge when you will get a kill. In the mod days this was much better, a bayonet thrust would get a kill.

Now, people dance around stabbing mindlessly, IT IS STUPID. Many times I sneak up on people, try to bayo kill them, but I somehow miss and then get killed. How hard it is to hit a stationary enemy with the bayonet?

Upvote 0
by the way, real practice shows that if one runs for u with his bayo, holding the alternate fire, and u're firing with your SMG, the person is almost invulnerable! U shoot all the ammo into his corpse, but he doesn't even stop, killing you. At the same server, at the same situation, I've noticed this fact twice: if one holds Altfire (bayo), he's not dying. If not - always dead.
Believe me, I can't miss, I'm 1st at http://www.roscores.com today ;)

Upvote 0
Honestly, what the hell? I haven't noticed any alt-fire invulnerability bug, and I bayonet like crazy.

The only time I can pull off something like that is when the submachinegunner misses.

Maybe you're not as good as you think you are.

Edit for thread content: I don't think the bayo dive is intentional, but neither is it a horrible exploit. Besides, it's not like it is out of the realm of possibility for actually happening in real life. It's just diving to the ground when you're holding a stick with a sharp thing at the end. Perfectly possible.

edit number two: I really hope people don't start saying they're good because of that stat tracker. From what I saw in roughly five seconds of looking, it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with real skill. Just points. Kill/death ratio doesn't matter in the least, it would appear, and that is more a sign of skill than anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0