• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Petrovich-

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2006
Russian Federation
Medal Of Honor Airborne
In there forums people were asking if the gameplay was going to be arcady or very realistic like Red Orchestra.

EA responded that they will make it realistic (just like pa/aa :mad: )and that Red Orchestra had good graphics but the realism took it too far and spoiled the game for everyone..
just hearing that pisses me off

Let's just see if they release it and hype it up with "ZOMG fight in real locations where real soldiers fought" and then once you play it, you realize how linear the levels are.

After you're done playing the game and didn't get what you payed for, you have a chat with EA.

You: I have a problem with Medal of Honor: Airborne. The levels seem to be artificially restricted with invisible walls, limiting you with only one route. And yet, you claim that the game is realistic, but not to RO:O's level.

EA: Uhh, yeah, about that, uhh, just look forward to our upcoming expansion packs, 20 of them are planned for release. They include 10 levels each, totalling to 200 levels-

You: But on the box, it says "ZOMG fight in real locations where real soldiers fought". Why are the levels so artifically linear? Didn't real soldiers in WWII have a lot more routes to choose from?

EA: You may find that the levels in the expansion packs will be a lot more immersive than the original game, giving you the tactical choices real soldiers had in real locations.

You: Nobody will buy those expansion packs.

EA: Of course nobody will. Only fools like you will buy 20 of those expansion packs, costing $20 each and offering only 10 maps each which only add 1 more route. MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Upvote 0
Pacific assualt was beyond a bad joke. I dearly dearly love(d) mohaa and wait for the day i can enjoy a game in the series but i have a scary feeling RO has spoilt it for me. I dont even mind that mohaa isnt realisitc (however its more realistic than cod2!) its just the gameplay was so damn fun. It had to be for the community to live with only 3 maps for 3 years!!

Upvote 0
I remember reading the battles on MoHPA would be open ended affairs. They were not.

By open ended they ment you can sneak around the right or left side of a building to take out the enemy. I really thought PA was going to be fun when I first stared it. The boot camp tutorial was fun and the Pearl Harbor Bombing was done well. After that I kinda lost interest.

Upvote 0
So, in a some-what related note, as an RO fanboi who still appreciates MoH:AA for what it is (war movie, not war) how does CoD stack up? The first one, that is, as I had a brief bit of play on the second one and it pissed me off. I've debated getting it off of Steam now that I don't have to go bargin-bin hunting for it (or buy some huge ass battle-box for way too much :p) just for the single player, so is the first CoD worth a single player play-through?

Upvote 0