• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Solution to TEAM STACKING

EvilAmericanMan said:
'WHAT kind of admin are you' didn't help your situation. You could just play against the odds when you know damn well the admin can't do anything. Your ban is very understandable, the DPG server is a good one.

No it's just the usual case of bullying admin abuse, + admin being a team stacking n00b to boot, + not having the faintest idea about actually admin-ing the server.

He kicked me *permanently* for asking him to do his job :D In his opinion, I should never ever be able to play on their server. :D Never ever LOL Not that I care, but with a community as small as RO, we don't need bad blood, and every player and every server count. This just plain stinks.

How do I honestly recommend the game to anyone after this? "Yea, go buy RO and be abused by immature morons with admin rights for asking for teams to be even."

Frankly, I don't know what should people do on *my* server for me to kick them (short of serial TK-ing or something like that). One can say whatever he wants - I mean who cares anyway? Complain, swear, who cares....

What do you think I should have done? I saw guy with admin tag, I saw teams ridicolously unbalanced. What I did is the only logical step - ask admin to intervene. He could at least try asking people to switch, if there's no other way to force people to change teams - he never did.

Upvote 0
Well for starters, you didn't actually request nicely that he do something. Instead, you screamed "TEAMS", then swore (knowingly in the prescence of an admin no less) and had a go at the aforementioned admin for good measure. What honestly makes you think that you would have gotten a different reaction in any other server in any other game? Before RO I was part of the Australian CoD scene and before that, the DoD community. In BOTH of those, what you posted in that screenshot would have earned you a temporary ban. I'm sorry, but while your forum prescence has mostly been mature and intelligent, what you posted in that screenshot definitely wasn't.

EDIT: This is a reply to your previous post, not the one directly above.

Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:
I'm sorry, but while your forum prescence has mostly been mature and intelligent, what you posted in that screenshot definitely wasn't.

Forums are forums, game is a game. A *game* is by definition the last place where one should expect "mature" and "intelligent" behavior :D

In company of intelligent gentlemen - act like gentleman, in company of your average Internet gamers (and team stackers at that) - act like scum :D LOL

I can understand someone can be irritated by swearing (though personally I am never), but why some of you think a player should silently suffer incredibly inbalanced teams in presence of server admin - is beyond my understanding.

Upvote 0
It makes me SO angry when there are 6 players more on the Axis team and I just keep on telling them to even the teams and just get completely ignored. How can you enjoy a game which is so unfair? Where's the satisfaction of winning if it's that easy?

It also really annoys me when half the Allied team is AFK (for some unknown reason players are automatically put on Allies until they pick a class...) and when Axis are told to even the teams they say "it's 10v10" or whatever, when it's blatantly obvious, when you open the scoreboard to check teams, that the Allies have afks.

>X(

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
No it's just the usual case of bullying admin abuse, + admin being a team stacking n00b to boot, + not having the faintest idea about actually admin-ing the server.

He kicked me *permanently* for asking him to do his job :D In his opinion, I should never ever be able to play on their server. :D Never ever LOL Not that I care, but with a community as small as RO, we don't need bad blood, and every player and every server count. This just plain stinks.

How do I honestly recommend the game to anyone after this? "Yea, go buy RO and be abused by immature morons with admin rights for asking for teams to be even."

Frankly, I don't know what should people do on *my* server for me to kick them (short of serial TK-ing or something like that). One can say whatever he wants - I mean who cares anyway? Complain, swear, who cares....

What do you think I should have done? I saw guy with admin tag, I saw teams ridicolously unbalanced. What I did is the only logical step - ask admin to intervene. He could at least try asking people to switch, if there's no other way to force people to change teams - he never did.

do you realize how do you behave when you are asking for something? You feel that you have any right to ask admins to do something? Do you think you can insist on something on server where somebody else is admin?

I will help you to find ideal way how to play... set your own server, invite people to play there, be admining your server all the time and be happy to play on server with your rules... I belive that you will be the one who starts kicking and banning people very soon for any reason you dont like... and stop damn posting and go find server where you will be able to play and PLAY!!!!... for me it looks like every evening you go to play and after that you go here and complaining and crying ...

Upvote 0
MILK said:
do you realize how do you behave when you are asking for something? You feel that you have any right to ask admins to do something? Do you think you can insist on something on server where somebody else is admin?

I am not "crying" but I do complain very vocally and I think team balance absolutely needs to be fixed, and until it is, I am not recommending this game to anyone. Apparently, in a deluge of new posts on this board, devs attention needs to be drawn to this problem somehow (biggest problem with the game currently IMO) otherwise they might ignore it.

As for the incident in question, I still do not understand what did you expect me to do?

I see 17 vs 12 => I see guy logged as ADMIN in bold shining letters => I complain to him. This seems perfectly logical to me.

I never told him he's idiot (even though honestly now I think he is :p), I never told him he's team stacker himself (he is - as he came and picked side with more players himself), I never used particularly harsh words - until I said "**** this" as my parting shot as I was preparing to leave. Just as I was about to leave this completely semseless game - this team stacking admin n00b kicked ME, and PERMANENTLY (for ever and ever and ever LOL). Now that's just ridicolous.

BTW I do realize that whoever pays for the server can do whatever he wants - he can kick anyone without no explanation at all, at any time of the day, for any period he wants. He can team stack. He can run only Barashka 24/7 on his server (oh, the terror :eek: ). No probbo, be my guest. That's his right. My right, is to post about it on the board, say that he's team stacking fanboi + admin n00b, and ask the devs to implement auto balance - simple as that.

Upvote 0
I was banned from a server for mentioning 'teams' too. Well, not only that...

I believe the map was hedgehog and I was playing as Russian sniper. Germans were up 4 people (plus we had 2 non-class team members for a total of 6 person advantage) and the admin started bitching at me to follow orders or some such, and he started complaining that our team was losing and if I didn't start following orders he was gonna kick me and take the sniper gun himself. I tried explaining that when Germans are up by 5 or more ppl the map pretty much turns into a *yawn fest.*

Anyhow, he warned me again to get to whatever objective it was he wanted me to cap. I told him to go ahead and kick me then, and sure enough he did.

Well, its one less crappy server that I won't accidentally join again.

Looking forward to the patch though, been on a RO hiatus for 2 or 3 months now and our trigger fingers are getting itchy.

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
I am not "crying" but I do complain very vocally and I think team balance absolutely needs to be fixed...

finaly normal most by you and I can agree on all you have written here :)

Maybe I do not see this as a big problem because when playing I mostly play w/ my team mates and we are almost all the time at least 3+ so we are balancing teams automatically (clanstacking if it is possible and if teams are too unbalanced than we are switching teams to balance it)... and also I play about 25% publics and 75% clanwars...

Upvote 0
I was away from the game for a while and in the meantime there was a patch as well.

AND TEAM STACKING IS NOT FIXED! On top of that, the game still shows wrong numbers, many times I join a team, hit F1 and it does not match with the numbers shown. Will this ever be fixed? It is very annoying.

I see many times that new players come to the server and join the team that has the advantage. Why is this allowed? Or is it still the bugged auto-side choice?

Why are the devs working on new maps and other stuff, while there are serious bugs that seem quite easy to fix (at least the wrong numbers shown / side should be fixable quickly)???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nuh it's a bug. default teams selection [russian] the devs have known about it for a long time but never fixed it. why?. u keep saying you're working on the bug list, which ones?. this is a no brainer surely. can u not make default team spec mode???. i think he dug up an old thread cos it's an old bug . maybe we with autokick to spec after 2 mins idle??. cmon guys fix it please....

Upvote 0