• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If there was a (sp)ww2 game where you play as German, would you play it?

If there was a (sp)ww2 game where you play as German, would you play it?

• Only if it was based on another Front than the Eastern and Western Front

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why wouldn't they you stereotyping *******? Do some people still think every German is a nazi or sympathizes with them? Why would they have a problem playing as an american soldier?

After the world cup some people even said that Germany is going back to it's "old ways" lmao, man there are so many dumb people in the world.

If you believe in good and evil you are either dumb or believe in god, or both (that's usually the case).

Didn't you see the quotation marks!:rolleyes: I put those there for a reason. Honestly, I don't think, nor ever said that every German was a Nazi. There were only a few people that were actually Nazis in WWII Germany. Most people were just regular folks trying to survive under a repressive regime.

I do believe in god.

I don't believe in black and white. Good vs evil. You can have that in a game though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, both Hitler and Stalin were messed up control freaks. They both tried to kill off as many people as possible. The only thing that separates them is the the fact that Germany struck first. No matter what their leader did. No matter how F'd up he was. The people of Russia were fighting to save their country from an invading force.

I'm sure, given enough time, Stalin would have eventually invaded Germany. History didn't turn out that way though.

Upvote 0
In Vietcong you, too, lose in the end if i remember correctly and it didn't stop people from playing it. In the addon the character even dies (although this is only mentioned in the outtro), same as in Mafia.
You don't lose in the end. Don't know if this deserves spoilers but whatever, your base is overrun. You make it out alive along with the Captain and your entire squad, along with several other soldiers from Nui Pek. In Vietcong 2, in the beginning of the game when you go downstairs into the hotel bar, Hawkins is in a chair drunk as a skunk on R&R.

About the expansion pack Fist Alpha, I thought it was pretty cool playing the guy you replaced in the original game. But that last mission on Vietnam mode was torture!

By the way, to all those who have not had the pleasure of playing Vietcong, I suggest you buy it, install it, and play it. You will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0
The first one was really good, the second is... not so good. Not nearly enough choppers y'see. I did like that Australian bloke though. "No durry in the field mate"
Sometimes the medic, when he was patching one of your squad up, would start to scream "I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU!". makes me lol even now.

Anyway, it took the film industry awhile to make a film from the German point of view, Cross of Iron wasn't it? Lets hope the first German POV FPS is comparible to that.

Upvote 0
The first one was really good, the second is... not so good. Not nearly enough choppers y'see. I did like that Australian bloke though. "No durry in the field mate"
Sometimes the medic, when he was patching one of your squad up, would start to scream "I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU!". makes me lol even now.

Anyway, it took the film industry awhile to make a film from the German point of view, Cross of Iron wasn't it? Lets hope the first German POV FPS is comparible to that.
First one was awesome. One of the best FPS games I have ever played. Vietcong 2 ****ed hard, my squad was full of idiots.

Upvote 0
You don't lose in the end. Don't know if this deserves spoilers but whatever, your base is overrun.
Having your base overrun by the Vietcong is losing, at least in my book.

About the expansion pack Fist Alpha, I thought it was pretty cool playing the guy you replaced in the original game.
I thought it was neat too, but the point was: Your character died.

Upvote 0
Well, i'll be damned!
Looks like in Sniper Elite you do play as an american soldier. I never saw this game, but i clearly remember, that when it was in development, player's avatar was going to be a german, who after surrendering to US, worked on them.

Anyways, i would not play game only because you play as a german. Now if it would be a good game, i'd play it alright.

Upvote 0
QFT, Hitler and Stalin were both fuked up little terrorists that killed people whenever to wanted to.

Funny how nobody whines for playing as american. USA has murdered and invaded, invaded and murdered for hundreds of years now, and people are playing "for freedom and applepie". See the analogy? Same applies to British Empire, just replace freedom and applepie with kidneypie, queen/king and country.

Upvote 0
In Silent Storm you can take up the axis Campaign, which is why I did right off the bat. Not for some love of it or anything uot out of curiosity to see where the campaign would go.

Then it turned into some anime plot and I lost interest.

Like some someone else said in a lot of RTS games you can play as the germans, it's ususally done tastefully enough too to where they focus on th actual battles/strategies/etc. (which is what we are playing for in the first place) as opposed to the ideals.

What I'd really like to see done is some game going more into detail about the partisans. Really you generally get no information about what they did. A game set from their perspective would be what I'd want to see. I mean there's even a game where you are a POW trying to break free of a nazi camp, so why not?

Also I think one of the players in IC sai it best, "I tihnk it's kind of funny that I'm jewish and playing this game because BOTH of the sides in this game really weren't friendly towards us."

If he can adjust so can Earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0