• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Using of ironsight / Grenades

=sk=Arcanoss

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 2, 2006
Paris, France
Hi all !

1) A little idear to make easier the infantery's life : when your in the prone position, using the ironsight to aim, sometimes your target get's behind an obstacle. You just have to stand up in the kneel position to shoot it. So when you get up, the ironsight could get back on automatically after the "standing up phase" ... it could be an option in the game.

2) Axies has too much STG44. It was essentialy used in the battle of Ardennes and the production only started in 1944 !

3) Weapon switching is too fast ! How can you put your gun on your back and take a grenade attached to your belt in less than 1 second ! This game is not realistic on this point !

:)

See you on RO.

Hi all !

1) A little idear to make easier the infantery's life : when your in the prone position, using the ironsight to aim, sometimes your target get's behind an obstacle. You just have to stand up in the kneel position to shoot it. So when you get up, the ironsight could get back on automatically after the "standing up phase" ... it could be an option in the game.

2) Axies has too much STG44. It was essentialy used in the battle of Ardennes and the production only started in 1944 !

3) Weapon switching is too fast ! How can you put your gun on your back and take a grenade attached to your belt in less than 1 second ! This game is not realistic on this point !

:)

See you on RO.

I totally agree with point 3 i myself have raised this many times allthough not too many people took any notice, its the most stupid and gamey element of ro personally i would like opf's item selection method allthough simply making weapon switching ALOT slower would suffice.

Upvote 0

1) I don't know, never felt it was a problem.
2) RO focuses now at late war battles, so STG44 is valid.
3) YES! Additionaly it is too automated. After the weapon has been shot out of hands the next weapon is automatically taken.

Upvote 0
Priming pin? What? Did you ever look at the German grenade? You have to unscrew the primer at the bottom, you don't pull it.

The cap is a safetly measure. The actual ignition is done by a friction igniter attached to a cord that you pull on. Either way I don't see a problem with holding your rifle and unscrewing the cap at the same time, as long as you can't sprint or jump while doing it.

Upvote 0
Priming pin? What? Did you ever look at the German grenade? You have to unscrew the primer at the bottom, you don't pull it.

To be more precise, you have to unscrew a cover and pull a ceramic marble tied to a cord to prime the 'tatomasher.
You don't have to be super dextrous to do something simple like that, with both gun and masher in one hand end the other hand unscrewing. After unscreweing take the grenade in your throwing hand. Then pull the cord with the hand that is holding your gun. Throw... boom.
The Granade is even easier to prime.
Anyway, look at some WW2 action photo's which have someone throwing a grenade in them. 99% of those show a person who also holds a gun.

Damn you Kurtz.. beat me to it!

Upvote 0
Ok, ok, let's do it with a gun in your hand, BUT, you can't do this in less than 1 second and while you're running ! SO, it is necessary to increase time to switch weapons. Nop ? Your not using your two hands seperatly in RO ... or you have two mouse and one keyboard ??!! and three hands ??!! What about using one pistol in each hand, aiming separatly with two mouse ? fun ? Impossible !!! The same with the grenade !!! Not possible to handle a gun and a grenade in RO.

:mad:

I'am just trying to show that sometimes RO looks like a giant grenade party ... and that it should be better if it could harder to send grenades !

edit : Nevertheless, it's seems very easy for all of us to use a WWII grenade, heaven if you never tryed it one time in your life. That's the point. A basic soldier is not a ninja, especialy those who never went ti the front. So special movement technics can't be aborded ! What about the front flip in RO ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0