• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The to-do-list

The to-do-list

• I would like to see one.

Votes: 58 96.7%
  • I

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Hello,
my mother, like many mother before and after her, wrote a list of goods to buy in the super market today. This rather unsuprising image created an idea inside my head...

What if the devs created a similar list:
Something that would be really cool would be a closed sticky thread called "The to-do-list" where the devs post about stuff they are working on right now and as soon as they think its done they could cross it out.

For example:
-stealing an assload of code from another recent game to consolify Red Orchestra.
One week later the sentence is crossed out because whoever had this crazy idea has accomplished his evil mission.

There could be a big disclaimer at the beginning that states that this thread is highly unofficial and that you can

Last edited:
i would like it and so would almost all of the players but... it wont ever happen. they dont even want to tell us whats comming in the next patch. The main reason being because if something they have planned dosnt work out and they cant get it to work right thye would never hear the end of it. people would ***** and moan in the forums about it for months some people would throw tantrums and quit the game someone would cry false advertising and all sorts of other annoying crap.

Upvote 0
..... The main reason being because if something they have planned dosnt work out and they cant get it to work right thye would never hear the end of it. people would ***** and moan in the forums about it for months some people would throw tantrums and quit the game someone would cry false advertising and all sorts of other annoying crap.

Good point. What if something they are working on doesn't work out, or takes longer than is suspected? What if something they are working on isn't quite the same vision as yours or mine? What if they don't plan on something everyone is moaning about because they already realize it can't be done or don't want to put that in?

Etc, etc....

I would realistically prefer those hints we get a few weeks before a release, that clue us in on what is coming...

Upvote 0
No go!
Plaid13 is probably right about people moaning about fixes/features not making it.
Even without such a list I allready feel that some people are too demanding and are requesting the impossible.

Then the list would be very helpfull and reduce the amount of impossible requests. For such requests the devs could comment "it's impossible and we won't do it" and everything is clear. Currently we don't know which ideas are being ever considered and with what chance of succes, and which were rejected and are not going to happen, not matter how much discussed.

Two lists would be ideal - one list of requests and ideas with comments (acknowledged, considered, rejected) and the second list of things that are planned to do.

Would make life easier I think for both devs and... the rest of us, as people would know if an idea is impossible and wouldn't ask for it over and over, also would know that something is being planned or realised already (present on 'to do' list) so they don't have to request, press and argue for it anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's all assuming people would pay attention to the list, I am sure many won't.

That's assuming people won't ask for the impossible or impractical, which they still will.

I think a list would only work in an ideal situation, which you don't have with the forums and people's differing opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"That's all assuming people would pay attention to the list, I am sure many won't."

I think it would be easier for people to check the list, than to search or browse through the whole forums and old threads to see if something was discussed, requested, acknowledged or rejected or not.
I think that with such a list, situation can be only better. Again - why not ?

Upvote 0
Short answer... no, long answer... yes. There are some trivial things that in no way have had any problems being implemented that I feel should be revealed. When most people see it they most likely say "whoop-de-friggin-do", because its not the juicy secret stuff that they want to hear and I would get "silenced" for mentioning. Actually even us testers don't know whats in the next internal release beforehand, the devs still have plenty of heavily guarded secrets and many suprises left in their collective sleeves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the suggestions message board is a good idea, but I think that's as far as it should go. There have been some good ideas that came from the community, such as manual bolting, but most of the time the message board is flooded with inane crap like "64 players, FTW!" Tripwire has proven that they know what they're doing with game design, and they also repeatedly remind us how long it takes to implement and test new features. In short, I don't think they need any more help.

Upvote 0
I think the suggestions message board is a good idea, but I think that's as far as it should go. There have been some good ideas that came from the community, such as manual bolting, but most of the time the message board is flooded with inane crap like "64 players, FTW!" Tripwire has proven that they know what they're doing with game design, and they also repeatedly remind us how long it takes to implement and test new features. In short, I don't think they need any more help.
That

Upvote 0