• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Smart Player Ranking System at http://www.roscores.com

So how many points do I get for rallying the noobs via VOIP and convincing them to get some teamwork going on?

What about the machine gunner on my team? How many points does he get for keeping the enemy's heads down with suppressive fire while his teammates flank them? How many points for turning an enemy advance into a mass panicked dive for cover?

How many points does the commander get for shutting down an enemy sniper or machine gunner with a smoke grenade? Or for closing down an enemy avenue of approach with artillery, even if no one walks into the barrage?

What about tank drivers? They should get a point for every time they get a good angle and deflect an enemy shell, and at least two for providing a nice 90-degree shot at the side or back of an enemy tank.

The point is, it's hard to quantify the things that make a good RO player. "The higher rank you have, the better player you are" is complete rubbish. Kudos for the effort--you've done a lot to satisfy the little Counterstriker in us all--but there's really no way to put a number on how emphatic your end-round "gg" is.

Says it all.

I guess in the end, an admin can advertise a "non-ranking" server and presumably potential players can rest assured that the 1337-look-at-my-score mongers will not be joining. And (as someone is undoubtedly about to point out to me) if the server remains empty, then perhaps its time for some of us to move on.

Floyd

Upvote 0
So how many points do I get for rallying the noobs via VOIP and convincing them to get some teamwork going on?

What about the machine gunner on my team? How many points does he get for keeping the enemy's heads down with suppressive fire while his teammates flank them? How many points for turning an enemy advance into a mass panicked dive for cover?

How many points does the commander get for shutting down an enemy sniper or machine gunner with a smoke grenade? Or for closing down an enemy avenue of approach with artillery, even if no one walks into the barrage?

What about tank drivers? They should get a point for every time they get a good angle and deflect an enemy shell, and at least two for providing a nice 90-degree shot at the side or back of an enemy tank.

The point is, it's hard to quantify the things that make a good RO player. "The higher rank you have, the better player you are" is complete rubbish. Kudos for the effort--you've done a lot to satisfy the little Counterstriker in us all--but there's really no way to put a number on how emphatic your end-round "gg" is.

My thoughts exactly. I've noticed that some of the BEST players I've ever played with are low on that list or not even on it. While on the other hand, I play twice a week at MOST, and I'm number 62...

There is more to being a good player than just having a high score. IMHO systems like this put emphasis on the wrong aspects of the game and are not good for gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A+ for effort, looks good, but makes absolutely zero f'n sense to me !?!?!? :eek:

"Smart player ranking system" ?!?! wtf is this lol ?? dunno bout you, but to me a smart player is one that typically scores in the top5 - if he is in the top5 he IS helping the team, i dont care if he is killing noobs or killing Skorzeny himself, makes no difference, the score says it all. period.

Some noob kills a vet and gets bonus rank, some vet kills noob and gets demoted, both doing thier job, there is a major flaw in this calculation........

I dont give a F bout rank, just want to see numbers like kills, caps, kills by weapon, ect.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A+ for effort, looks good, but makes absolutely zero f'n sense to me !?!?!? :eek:

"Smart player ranking system" ?!?! wtf is this lol ?? dunno bout you, but to me a smart player is one that typically scores in the top5 - if he is in the top5 he IS helping the team, i dont care if he is killing noobs or killing Skorzeny himself, makes no difference, the score says it all. period.

Some noob kills a vet and gets bonus rank, some vet kills noob and gets demoted, both doing thier job, there is a major flaw in this calculation........

I dont give a F bout rank, just want to see numbers like kills, caps, kills by weapon, ect.....

yeah, same here. I was looking for something that showed the number of kills, number of deaths, highest score on what server, longest game played, longest time alive, and so on. Things like that. Not just a number that showed what place you have.

Upvote 0

I hardly think all of this is Denon's fault or problem. Tripwire could spend dev time tweaking the points system to better represent (and reward) good gameplay.

But do you really want them to spend their time on that instead of other things?

I think the score system is fine for what it is. If I were being rated for job performance, I might complain about it.

Upvote 0
No im saying I could get more points then anyone that way but that is boring. But some people will

The extra points are designed to encourage teamwork and support for the MG'ers. You only get one allotment of resupply ammo as well, so it's not like you can go around racking up mad scores. More back up and cover the gunner while he's setup and resupply him once. Good system really, one of the best points about this game, more rewards for teamwork than lonewolf tactics.

Upvote 0
The extra points are designed to encourage teamwork and support for the MG'ers. You only get one allotment of resupply ammo as well, so it's not like you can go around racking up mad scores. More back up and cover the gunner while he's setup and resupply him once. Good system really, one of the best points about this game, more rewards for teamwork than lonewolf tactics.
good teamwork wins battles:)

Upvote 0
For Christ sake guys, if you don't like it, don't use it. But let's be perfectly honest here. Denon's work has NOTHING to do with what you are complaining about.

If you don't care about points, or don't like how the points system works, then DON'T use his site. I, for one, appreciate his efforts.

If you don't care about points, or don't like how the points system works, then DON'T use his site. I, for one, appreciate his efforts.[/quote]

Well said! Can't believe all the complaining, if you don't like the system just don't use it period. If you'd like to see improvements, just let Denon know with constructive suggestions. And if that stil is not enough, go out and make your own system and see how you like people *****ing about your ''free'' work.

Nice work Denon, keep it up!!

Upvote 0
Yes this is quite confusing. Especially this "smart ranking" thing. Since you don't have any idea whether you're playing against "good players" or bad ones, I think who you play against should not matter - just the final score ;)

What happens if you leave the game mid-game?

What happens if you enter the game minute before the end of round and have like 3 points on the final score table?

AND MY FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT question. Denon can you "amalgamate" scores for:

315 Samsonov 88

and

1148 *7GA*Samsonov 77

Upvote 0
Yes this is quite confusing. Especially this "smart ranking" thing. Since you don't have any idea whether you're playing against "good players" or bad ones, I think who you play against should not matter - just the final score ;)

What happens if you leave the game mid-game?

What happens if you enter the game minute before the end of round and have like 3 points on the final score table?

AND MY FINAL and most important question :eek: Denon can you "amalgamate" scores for:

315 Samsonov 88
and
1148 *7GA*Samsonov 77

Sometimes I play with the clan tag sometimes not. :eek:

Upvote 0
For Christ sake guys, if you don't like it, don't use it. But let's be perfectly honest here. Denon's work has NOTHING to do with what you are complaining about.

If you don't care about points, or don't like how the points system works, then DON'T use his site. I, for one, appreciate his efforts.
so do i love hes site its very good:)

Upvote 0
Please post your questions, opinions and observations to this thread. The ranking is in beta phase and we are very interested in knowing if you find the ranking plausible.

cheers,
Denon

Hi Denon, great work!

Would it be possible to show the total number of players that are part of the list somewhere on top of the Score Board? Would be nice to know how many palyers are out there.

Cheers.

Upvote 0