• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helmet Deflection

mstm1

Jul 4, 2006
<Classified>
Hi, i was just wondering if it wouldn't be more realistic if,when wearing a helmet, there was a small chance that it might deflect the shot, and possibly even knock it off. This would give more use for the helmet than just decoration. If this is in there already i'm sorry but wouldn't it be good if sometimes you could actually see the helmet have an effect by getting it knocked off every now and then. It's just the deflecting shot action with the tanks adds more complexity to the tank combat rather than just whoever shoots first is guaranteed to get the kill.

goodness gracious this topic is so incredibly bad that it's good

yes infantry combat should now be exactly like tank combat

russians pinned down behind sandbags would be immune to fire due to their helmet armor deflecting all bullets and the germans would have to shoot them in the side of the helmet and hope it penetrates their ammo box so they explode

by the way I don't think a bullet being 'stray' has any effect on how powerful it is

Upvote 0
well, ive seen some WW2 training footage of an American shooting a german helmet (WW2 style) with a m1911A1 and it just put large dents into the helmet.

Seeing as there are a large amount of SMG in game, it wouldnt be a bad idea to have pistol rounds ding out from a certain distance. It would give rifle users that little extra stopping power.

Upvote 0
It did.

The lining was woven of cotton twine in meshes three-eighths of an inch square. This web, fitting tightly upon the wearer's head, evenly distributed the weight of the two-pound helmet, and in the same way distributed the force of any blow upon the helmet. The netting, together with the small pieces of rubber around the edge of the lining, kept the helmet away from the head, so that even a relatively large dent could not reach the wearer's skull.

Upvote 0
Im not saying it should be like tank combat but it seems you like to twist my words Crim. I just don't like it when in most tank combat games whoever gets the first shot is bound to win unless they are really bad aims. Red Orchestra doesn't have that and that's why it's so damn good. I just think that have the occasional deflect/helmet knock-off would be a nice touch. Off course you can disagree but only on what i have actually stated

Upvote 0