• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rolling when prone and "windowed granades"

Hi all ,
I'm really nood in this forum, gambinobross from italy (hope community here will get bigger :))

Help me with my english please :)

I had two ideas playng around FPS realism based war games.

1. First one has been used by America'sArmy: when prone on the ground the possibility to roll on each side to avoid bullets or other dangers. They use same keys to show only head when behind a wall or a corner . If u push it while prone u just roll on your side.

2. More realistic and important to me was the idea to throw easily graneds in windows or other holes, wall etc. without showing up to enemies and getting shot.
The idea was: i i am leaning on a wall near a window or i'm just below it, or just crouched under a wall and wanto to push land or put a graned just on the other side without throwing it ... an, more important, without moving my self to aim ... how should i do ... ??
I need just only my hand to to put a 'nade in a hole if i'm near it and in cover !!

Dunnow i'f i explained myself correctly ...

My idea was to use the same "godd aiming" sistem and icons used when u put your gun near a wall or a solid object. It should appear aslo an icon like that one with few seconds to set up, that shows the possibility to land a graned safely in a hole when leaning near it ... just cooking 'nade and pushing in it ...

What do u think ... ? (if u understanded my language :D)

Hello to Italy!
As I understand it, you would like to cock the grenade and gently lay it down
at a certain place or just roll it over a wall or around a corner. Good idea, that is missing in most games.
Yesterday I had to throw a grenade from a trench high into the air in order to get an enemy who was just lying on the parapet five feet above me.
(Cheers Nade:)) I got him, but it was pure chance...
Cocking the grenade, cooking it a little bit and than placing it just in front of
him would have been much nicer..., but maybe this is hardcoded with the game.
Best,
Trenchnut

Upvote 0
Well, the only game Ive seen come close to your second idea is the Rainbow six series (I especially remember it from rogue spear). You would tell your teamate to frag a room (or flash) and he would move to the door, then basically wrap his arm around the corner and throw a grenade into the room without exposing himself.

Besides that, I would also like an option to drop grenades out of windows, or into windows without exposing myself.

Upvote 0
He means you need an action to just drop it over a wall or into a window as often you will hit the window edge or middle of the window and it will bounce back.

That 'magical window bounce' was fixed in the last patch if all is well. Grenades were using player collisiomn oinstead of weapon collision. They now behave like bullets collision wise, and you should be able to throw them through windows that previously were blocked before the last patch.
If you throw your grenade against a window ledge, you should practice throwing some more :)

Secondly, alt fire does an underhand throw and the longer you hold your fire key the longer the throw, so you can just briefly tap the fire key to throw a very short distance.

Upvote 0