• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you feel about beards?

Meh...
wolfman.jpg

Upvote 0
What a fascinating topic.

I happen to be a Brit living in CT, USA. I started playing around with my beard just before arriving in the US and have sported a serious goatee for about 3 years. My gf loves it and longer likes my baby face.

I find facial hair is far more common in the US and is the style is positively reinforced by various cultures such as the 60's era, the cowboy western mythos and hells angels. I aspire to none of those but I do find it strengthens my jawline and I admit I 'feel' more masculine because of it.

However, a clean shave remains de rigeur in euro land where the phrase "never trust a man with a beard" is all too familiar in the UK. In fact, fairly recently a bearded candidate for the Mayor of London crashed out because of opponents' repeated use of that phrase.

Unfortunately, my US work visa is running out in December so I will be returning to the UK for good. I'm in a bit of a dilemma now as I want to keep my beard but no longer like my bald face either. LOL

Upvote 0
Eh, yeah I've got a mustache and beard, and hair about shoulder length. People have said I "look like Jesus" many times. There's something about this compelling need for grown men to shave their face hairless like a 10 year old boy that I disagree with. Oh no, the poor women don't like their scary hair so their man must eliminate his too. I think I'll become a metrosexual and wear gay, trendy, women approved clothing and hairstyles just like Ryan seacrest. People have such a bizzare aversion to long beards/hair (Hasidic Jews being the few immune to criticism). Eh, I'm sure most people disagree with my "crazy talk" so whatever.

Upvote 0