• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Missing personnel...

fullmj|glattevir

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
MissingPersonnet.jpg

I don't get it, whats the big deal around WoW?
It is just a damn game, how come people get addicted to it?
Some friends of me play it too, they all talk about it like thay had hot sex with a hot chick, one even does not do anything but play that damn game and lost his social life, like we were at a parteh and he said to his girlfriend he had a headache and that he felt sick and wanted to go home, he went home, she stayed at the parteh and she came home and he was playing WoW.
WHAT IS SO DAMN SPECIAL ABOUT A STUPID RPG GAME ANYWAY???!!!!1
I tried it and it ****ed, they were all like you love this game try it, tried it and after 5 minutes I quit because it ****s .

Upvote 0
I never got too far into WoW. It becomes an endless level grind, and boring as hell.

exactly why after beating diablo 2 + expansion I was like...

That was awesome, but why are you guys still ****ing playing? so you can get a more powerful weapon with more colourful to fight more colourful renamed powered up enemies?

its just the same ****ing thing with bigger numbers, new names and colours.

TB;DP*

*too boring; didn't play

Upvote 0
Fantasy universes are cool, when they're done well. WoW is actually a good game, really well designed. But it falls into the same grind/exp fest that every MMO has/does/is going to for the forseeable future.

I lost about four years on Everquest. Met a lot of cool people, and if I hadn't continued to be friends with them *after* I quit playing (met them in person and such, too) it would have been a total waste. I'm glad I'm done with it and refuse to pay-to-play anything, especially an MMO, again.

*raises a glass to MJW*

Upvote 0
Diablo II was the exception to my usual MMO rule. I played that before they did the xp-scaling thing, so I would make a new character, my friends would rush me thru all the levels and we would do Hell Cows til the wee hours every day. It would take me 2-3 days to get to around 60+ and using my Magic Find sorceress (me and a friend made a pair of them and did continuous hell cows runs to get new ****, along with frequent Mephisto runs. We'd do Diablo if we were bored, but never got anything good off him)

We both got ourselves Tancred's mask and armour which gave a big MF bonus, dual Nagelrings/Ring of Jordan if we found one with better MF. Gull of course, +50% to MF on that baby. Frost Orb/Nova sorcs, typical ****. I even accidentally dropped a bow worth around 20-25 Perfect Skulls, which were the currency of the time. Soulscratch, the best two-handed sword in the game was around 16 Perfect Skulls. The average price for most items was around four perfect skulls.

Then they implemented the xp-scaling thing so you could only level up so fast and when I stopped playing and lost my account after 60 days, I never went back. Shame too, Diablo 2 was easily the best MMO I've personally ever played. The Hell Cows runs were actually a lot of fun, because I always got excellent items. I don't know what to equate it to in WoW, but it's basically doing things like LBRS and UBRS, etc. etc. etc. over and over again, but doing it with 2 people and splitting the items 50/50. Excellent fun.

Upvote 0
Fantasy universes are cool, when they're done well. WoW is actually a good game, really well designed. But it falls into the same grind/exp fest that every MMO has/does/is going to for the forseeable future.

I've actually had some good times with City of Heroes/Villans on that score: good XP rewards, and a great system for playing with people much lower/higher than you.

But in general, yes, most MMOs turn into horrible grinds after level X. Out of all the ones I've tried, I'd only ever go back to CoH (friends play it) or EVE online (love sci-fi).

Upvote 0
Man...what's with all the hate against WoW and such?

It's a good game, it may not be the type of game you like, but that doesn't make it terrible...

What makes it terrible is the fact that lot of people who play it can only talk about WoW while some are not interested in their little universe online or when you don't like it after trying it they say "

Upvote 0