• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The memory could not be "read"

Perfect_Form

Aug 13, 2006
Hello, I get the following error when exiting RO:

Toucan IPC Window: RedOrchestra.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x013f72a4" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

It's not too much of a problem, as it's only when I exit the game, but it's still annoying.

Thank you,
PF

Yes, I have been getting an error like this when I exit RO as well (don't know if the hex numbers are the same, but the text looks familiar). It has only started recently, within the last week. I'm currently trying to troubleshoot it, so I'll be watching this thread :).

Mal

Yes, I haven't played for a while, so this just started for me this week, as well. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or perhaps something to do with a Steam update. Let me know if you happen to figure it out.

PF

EDIT: Do you use Xfire? I think I've figured out that the problem only occurs when Xfire is running. At least that is my problem. I got randomly disconnected from Xfire while playing, and when I exited the game, the error didn't pop-up. Perhaps this is due to a recent Xfire update, and not a Steam update, like I first thought.
Hope this solves your problem, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0