• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
if the tiger II woud be set in realisticaly, you woud see what a bad tank it was.

Though, some people will this never believe ... specialy, with some SS-tags in there signature ... strange isnt it.

and by the way, yes this "King-Tiger-phobia" was DISCUSSED TO DEATH! The devs must be blind, if they havnt seen this threads, and the reason for and against the KT have been also discussed now to ad absurdum (futility).

What i find strange, is that the thread got opend, now 2 (or 3) times, by persons, with near the same signatures ... and favour for german armor and there glorious succses.

I recomend anyone, that has the time and money, to read some serious german tank books, as from Walter J.Spielberger or Guderian. This gives some good examples, about how germany, that time managed there conquering. And it doesnt sound always that glorious. I recomed as well evryone, to come to germany one time and to learn about german history IN germany. Maybe some of your world view about german armor and there so-called dominance, woud be different then.

I realy disslike this "german own technicaly evrything" myths ... like another myth the Tiger II woud have been "common" on the front ...

by the way

My thread got deleted because some jerks derailed it and i got angry with them, and then the discussion got offtopic, please dont derail this thread.
this comment, shoud answer why it got deleted. No one who was against the KT, started insulting, then more discussion it in a neutral manner, with some sarcasm, but notheless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Before seeing a King Tiger in RO, I would prefer to see Jagdpanthers, Hetzers or Jagdpanzer. As well as the Panzer IV and Stugs properly updated.

9043.jpg

Upvote 0
and by the way, yes this "King-Tiger-phobia" was DISCUSSED TO DEATH! The devs must be blind, if they havnt seen this threads, and the reason for and against the KT have been also discussed now to ad absurdum (futility).

What i find strange, is that the thread got opend, now 2 (or 3) times, by persons, with near the same signatures ... and favour for german armor and there glorious succses.

My bad for opening up a duplicate thread, but I did a forum search and it came up with nothing, so I decided to post. I was completely unaware this was "discussed to death". Also, I just joined 2.SS a few days ago, and its totally unrelated to me thinking the Tiger II would be a cool addition.

Try to keep this on topic.

Upvote 0
Though, some people will this never believe ... specialy, with some SS-tags in there signature ... strange isnt it.

lol, thanks for adding nothing to the conversation except flame bait. :rolleyes:

I don't really care if the Tiger 2 is in or not, I'm an inf kind of guy, I use to like tanks but they got pretty boring after a while. I just like running around sneaking around mutiple tanks and shooting the guy when he pops out. Go ahead and add the Tiger 2, I'll just run circles around it.

Upvote 0
Threads get derailed because no one let's anyone have their own ****ing opinion in this forum. Peopel get offended when people say the panzers were unreliable and garbage like that like it holds moral value to them.
People just need to get their priorities in order and just act cool for once.

The dev's already said they will at the KT. Anymore King Tiger threads might as well be deleted as they are just spam, and hold no new information. Germans need a KT ok, we get the point after 50,0000 threads about it. The devs have too, end discussion.
dev's never said they are going to put a king tiger in the game:confused: people on the forum wont to make and put it in the game, thats why we have this thread:) any way this is the henchel turret http://gunpoint-3d.com/view-tiger2.l.html

Upvote 0

Well after playing Black Day in July and some other Kursk related custom maps I realised that there was something missing. One of the most important tanks in history was absent: the infamous and feared Ferdinand Tank. The tank was so important that Operation Zitadelle was delayed for the Ferdinand tank as well as the Panther and Tiger. The Germans first set the attack for May 4, but then delayed it until June 12, and finally until July 4 in order to allow more time for new weapons to arrive from Germany that would be used to win Kursk in one blow.

"The High Command concentrated all their new armor, the Tiger and Panther tanks, and the mighty new Ferdinand tank destroyers, which had a front armor thicker than a battleship's armor" -Wikipedia

The Ferdinand tank contrary to popular belief was very effective in Kursk although many were lost to minefields and anti-tank infantry. During the Kursk offensive until November of 1943, Ferdinands from sPzJagAbt 653 destroyed some 320 Soviet tanks and lost 13 Ferdinands, while the 656 sPanzerjager Regiment destroyed some 502 Soviet tanks and 100 other vehicles.

"On the first day of action, we successfully engaged bunkers, infantry, field and anti-tank artillery positions. For three hours our guns (Ferdinands) fought in the cavalcade of enemy fire and proved to be immune to enemy fire! In the evening of the first day, first enemy tanks were destroyed, while others retreated. Crews of field and anti-tank guns ran away after firing a few uneffective shots against our guns (Ferdinands). In first engagements our regiment (656 sPanzerjager Regiment) destroyed numerous artillery positions, bunkers as well as 120 enemy tanks" - Report from July 19th of 1943 by Platoon commander Boehm -Achtung Panzer!

The Ferdinand tank (90 produced) or the Sturmgesch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the put in every tank thing. I would love to see every tank truck weapon uniform country bomb or whatever all added into the game and let it all pile up and let mappers figure out what to do with it all. More choices are always a good thing. I would have no problem adding in a bicycle just because some german stole some kids bike and rode it around drunk one day just becuase it was used during the war. bicycles are the next clown car!

Upvote 0
Well, there are like 5 other Soviet tank destroyers that are not in-game yet, so there is no lack there. I think the reason the SU-76 was selected was because it could be added to early-war maps. Some late-war Soviet tank-destroyers (some produced in greater numbers than the PzIV) would be much more useful than a tank which saw very little service. It would make up for the fact that there are currently more different German late-war tanks than Soviet ones (Germany: PzIV, V, VI; USSR: T-34, IS-2).

Upvote 0