• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics best place to hit german tanks with the PTRD?

My biggest thing is the Half-track, while i've taken out Panzers III and IV with one shot, i've only managed an HT one shot kill with luck. You must aim for the engine somewhere I assume, but still with their speed and my limited traversal, the chance of getting more than one flank shot is about minimal. Any suggestions?

I agree the halftrack is harder to kill than any of the Tanks except the Panther and Tiger. There's just no ammo to set off, I would guess. And, like you say they are fast and don't sit still very much.

On the other hand you can often chase halftracks and shoot the infantry when they emerge.

I think the key to killing tanks with the PTRD is to fire from about 10-50 meters from slighly above or below and hit the side just under the upper track from the side.

Upvote 0
nice but stubby

nice but stubby

the panzerfaust should have better attack since the thing can if i remember correctly put a hole in armor up to 18inches. And another thing there should be the panzerfaust 150 with the antipersonel shieth that has the armor piercing capabillity and can put nice little holes in the infantry.

The panzerfausts have their good points, but I think they are kind of short and stubby.

Upvote 0
Shooting through this little gap can be quiet tough at times.
It's easiest with a scoped rifle, but well doable with the bolt-action rifles too if you can get close enough.
30-50m if you're a good shot with unscoped rifle. And don't forget to have good cover in close proximity - or else this will happen:
:D
ROTankDeath.jpg

See ya on the field soon mate!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah, I took the screenshot just after I was killed.
On some servers your view will fade to black immediately after you are dead.
Some servers allow you to view other players perspective and/or static ingame viewports while waiting for reinforcement. But only your teammates view afaik.
Don't worry, if the guy didn't see you or your muzzleflash when you shot him there is not going to be any video animation showing him where you shot him from.
He will eventually run into your sights again after he respawns.

So no, no killcam in this game fortunately.

Upvote 0
Is the PTRD the russian anti tank rifle with that BIG bullet when I reload ?

If so... that gun is a joy to use on infintry...

I was shooting a tank once... maybe 5 shots... got him to smoke but not a kill

then an infintry rushed me as I just put in another bullet...

I blew his freaking leg off LOL

its great... I wish I could put a scope on that

Upvote 0
The PTRD is an awesome weapon when it can be used correctly. Check the weak spots on the tanks, it really makes a difference. Sometimes i can take a tank out with one shot. Granted usually its 3-5 shots, and getting into a position where you can get that many shots off without them getting wise is difficult, but when it's successful, wow, totally satisfying. It's best to get behind the tanks, or under cover so that you can see the tracks as it drives by, then remember where the ammo is stored for that model, butI've also heard of people shooting right through the drivers slit with it. It's also effective at long ranges, like from one bridge to the other in Barashka, or nearly across the map in Arad, but once again, position is crucial. BTW, yes, you were probably using the PTRD, big single bullet, have to be prone to deploy the weapon or resting it on something. Imagine how much fun the PTRS would be if they put that in the game (semi-auto).

Upvote 0
Well I got it but im havin a TON of trouble. Like I have unbelievable lag, and I can never find a server that allows snipers! How do you change the settings when you host like no snipers etc. ? Oh and Im not sure if I fixed it by reinstalling but everytime I got shot at, it would A.show the texture mapping or whatever im holding everytime they shoot at me or B. when explosions and such happen its like a light coming through clouds, there is black and just a stream of white that comes from the top left hand corner. WHAT IS WRONG!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
System specs?
Game video settings screenshot would be good too.
Really need to know system specs to be able to help. You might also want to check the support forum too for additional tweaks.

The snipers are limited on each team. But I recommend you take the bolt-action unscoped anyways. It is a lot more fun imo.
I don't know about no-sniper servers. Most servers I have been on carry snipers on each team.

Upvote 0
Learn to know the map first with normal rifles. Let the sniper class to those that can help the team most with it for the beginning until you know the good spots, and all the chokepoints. But that's just how I see it.
I've just been on a map on FKs #1 Infantry server.They play infantry only. You'll get your share of sniping there.

Have you checked the support forum as I told you Red Piano? You texture problem can be solved there perhaps. This is not the right place to discuss game issues.

Get fraps for screenshots: www.fraps.com

Again, what are your hadware specs? I cannot help you if you don't help me out with this info mate.

Do you have new drivers for all your hardware? All system components up to date?

Upvote 0
Nevermind I fixed it I just had to turn off motion blur. Man its hard to find a good server with no retarded bots though, I just found one and it was fun but they has everything but normal rifles restricted. But I love to snipe when I can find the match to do it in. And why cant I hit someone like wayyy far away? just accuracy? or do i have to aim up or something from bullet lag?

Upvote 0