• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you feel about beards?

Beards are the bane of my existence. Mine comes in below my chin and hardly any above it, making it look kinda weird, so I shave it... which leads me to my next problem. Shaving for me consists of lots of swearing and a unusually high amount of blood loss. Because almost all of the hair grows on my neck, it just grows in ways that are difficult to shave with a razor blade (instead of simply shaving straight in 1 direction, I have to make curves sometimes to get cut the hair, which is not what a razor is designed to due in non flat spots such as one's out stretched chin). So either I let it grow and look weird or I shave about every other day and probably lose a significant amount of blood every week =\ .
Use a Gillette Mach 3, even my old barber admitted using them instead of his straight razor.

Upvote 0
BuddyLee
Use a Gillette Mach 3, even my old barber admitted using them instead of his straight razor.
I use the Gillette Fusion (5 blades). Though more blades hasn't exactly been proven to give a "smoother" and closer shave AFAIK. Anyone else that made the switch to any 5 bladed (if there are any others) notice a difference?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use the Gillette Fusion (5 blades). Though more blades hasn't exactly been proven to give a "smoother" and closer shave AFAIK. Anyone else that made the switch to any 5 bladed (if there are any others) notice a difference?
I haven't tried the 5 blade, but the 3 blade was a huge improvement from the old Bic razors I started with.

I am lucky, my beard grows in all naturally "white trashy" like Joe Dirt said, so I don't have to shave away much. :D

Upvote 0
Never tried the 5 bladed ones, but the mach 3 has been really nice. Granted I only shave my neck these days cause of the beard, but I've been using them for about 2 years now (for longer than I've had a beard) and i too have the weird growth designs that make shaving a game russian roulette. :D

Hey Byte Me, one thing that made a big difference to my face was to use aloe vera gel after the small cuts heal and the face is dry. After a while it seemed to help make the skin more tolerable to shaving.

Upvote 0
Am I the only person in here that isn't interested in a 100% clean shaven face? I mean, it's not that those few hairs get in the way or are visible to people. It seems some people think that you should be clean shaven 24/7.

Meh, not once have I used razorblades. Electric ftw.

The face is the only part of the body I shave.. and this onle because my beard isn't what could be called thick, and thus would look ugly, if it grew.

Other than the cheecks, I can't complain about the lack of hair, though ^^

Upvote 0

I really like the Gillette Fusion. I got the battery powered one just for the heck of it (it costed less than buying 4 new blades for my mach 3 :p ) and I find that stubble is a lot less resistant to it. Less irritation.

Upvote 0
I'm picturing a bear now, lol.

Pah, far from it ^^... I just have a manly hair growth, but nothing over the top, like black thick curls at my back and shoulders...

And to stay on topic: my new GF actually likes my small and sparse goatee. So I guess it stays. YAY, less to shave, allthough I have to "aim" better when doing it ^^

Upvote 0