• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guess The Gun Thread

Thanks! Here ya go:

Click to get a bigger view.

Dont mention it, i was way too drunk to do any googling, and is that per chance a Sharps M1863 Percussion Carbine?

EDIT, apparently its also called the Cavalry Carbine, and there's also an identical 1866 version loading metal cartridges, so that'll be my second guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dont mention it, i was way too drunk to do any googling, and is that per chance a Sharps M1863 Percussion Carbine?

EDIT, apparently its also called the Cavalry Carbine, and there's also an identical 1866 version loading metal cartridges, so that'll be my second guess.

Yeah your right, looks like a Sharps to me now that I think about it. Never mind my guess about the Spencer. They do look similar after being up 23 hours.

Upvote 0
Nah, wassen't too hard, you just didn't visit the thread often enough, dropping hints and whatnot.

All the same, our next candidate:

Its_a_Glock17.jpg

I felt like sticking with the period ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah its the Enfield EM2 or Rifle No 9 Mk 1. the Design was started in 1947 and compleated in 1948. Its the 1950's NATO weapon and ammunition trial winner. It a very interesting weapon in terms of performance and in the field functionality. The mags can be loaded using magazine chargers (stripper clips) for faster field reloads of empty mags. The .280/30 (7x43mm 140 grain) round can penitrate 1/4 inch of bullet proof glass at 750 metres. The auto controlability is similar to that of the AK47/AKM as is the stopping power. Enfield literally thought of everything in the versions right down to the enlarged safty on the Arctic warfare version that was manufactured by CAL (Canadian Armouries LTD). I'd love to see it modernised but as BAE are the owners of Enfield they'd screw it up.

The only thing the BAE Systems Standard Armament for the 1980 serries (SA80) has to do with it is the layout and the prototype was built using a spare foregrip left over from the 30 EM2's manufacture and the safty was the same as the EM's until it was changed to the push button that is hated by most British Soliders.

Upvote 0