• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO:Tactics - Strategic team planning tool (download)

KO12.jpg
http://members.liwest.at/ranger/KO12.jpg

Upvote 0
yes.. just the SDK (or Unreal Editor)

it is the same think, as u "learn" in the toturial, just "cuting" out a Box (her not from the emty space, just from the house) and seting a texture (before cuting out..)

interesting is, that "static meshes" (boxes, steelcarrier (?), lamps, etc.) are still visible, so u must delete them manualy, if u doent want them.
but that also alow u to let them inside, if u think that the are important (like the steelpillar on screenshot)

the screen self was taken with RO..

actualy i'm planing to make a realy big screen (up to 2000*1500 and more, depends if it is able on the computer of my squady) of the full map (thx to aceto for the culldistance tip) so we can use fully the zoom function of your cool tool..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Execellent tool mate, well impressed and thankful.
Just wondering if it would be possible to easily add text to it as I want to give buildings a name to bring out contact calls.

*edit* just noticed my inserted points and drawings disappear when I zoom?
The maps are only giving Axis resupply points, do you also have the ones of the Allies? **

Much appreciated !

Bananas<S18>

Section 18
www.s18gh.net

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Execellent tool mate, well impressed and thankful.
Just wondering if it would be possible to easily add text to it as I want to give buildings a name to bring out contact calls.

*edit* just noticed my inserted points and drawings disappear when I zoom?
The maps are only giving Axis resupply points, do you also have the ones of the Allies? **

Much appreciated !

Bananas<S18>

Section 18
www.s18gh.net

Thanks Bananas. :)

I have played with text before and agree it would be very useful. The problem is that alpha layers aren't really supported so doing a transparent background would be very tricky. I may be able to add just a normal textbox... it would have an opaque background but would probably be doable.

The drawn input disappearing is a limitation of non-vector graphics. There is unfortunately no easy way around this as vector graphics aren't really an option in VB.

As for the axis/allies resupply points, that IS something I can change. As a matter of fact I am nearing completion on the next version of ROTactics which will address this spcifically, and also adds a number of additional features. I am currently testing this new version with fellow members of the <RTR> clan (www.righttorebel.net) to iron out the bugs before posting here.

Being as close as I am to finishing this next version, I will try and get a screenshot of it today and post it here to give everyone here an idea of what to expect. ;)

Upvote 0
New version 2.1.1!

New version 2.1.1!

Ok, so I didn't get around to replying with a screenshot earlier, but I did finally finish the new version:D . See the opening post in this thread for the full update log, but here is a quick screenshot and download link.

The new version needs to be installed separately from the old, so you might just want to uninstall the old version first and then install version 2.1.1.

Download 2.1.1

screen_2.1.1_1.jpg

Port Forwarding:
note: you may need to configure your router/firewall port forwarding in order for users to connect to your hosted sessions.
Forward TCP port 49300, and also whatever port you choose to host on as you initiate the session (default is 49278)

Enjoy! :cool:

p.s. Huge shout out to <RTR>Cpt.DeathToPigs for all his help with the maps and the constant testing - and also to the rest of our <RTR> clan for their help in testing and patience with all the runtime errors as I worked out the kinks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, i'm a bit confused. first, i would like to say that although i AM an ass, i am not trying to be with this question.

alright, down to it. in a hosted session, when i am the host or a clan mate is a host, neither of us can see the actual lines that the other person draws. i can see my lines, and he can see his, but i can't see his, and he can't see mine. we can see shields, and stuff like, just not the lines.. this to me seems to make the app basically pointless, as if you can't draw out where you want people going......... not very helpful.

am i/we going something wrong?

UPDATE: i didn't see any metion of port 43000 for this update, hwoever, opening it allowed me host, and see drawn input from others. might want to update your info, cause it isn't readily aparrent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hehe you're right Rhohan it would be pretty pointless if you couldn't see any lines. Glad you got it working, though the port needed for drawing should be 49300. I would be curious to hear if you can confirm if it was port 43000, or 49300 that you forwarded to get it working?

I had mentioned this a few posts back (yellow text under the screenshot), and it is in the readme file included with the new install, but you're right - I will add it to the notes in the first post of this thread to make it more visible. I'm also in the process of getting a webpage set up and will make sure the info is easy to find on there as well.

btw, good time playing with you guys the other night... I specifically remember you owning all of us on Koitos :D

Upvote 0
hehe you're right Rhohan it would be pretty pointless if you couldn't see any lines. Glad you got it working, though the port needed for drawing should be 49300. I would be curious to hear if you can confirm if it was port 43000, or 49300 that you forwarded to get it working?

I had mentioned this a few posts back (yellow text under the screenshot), and it is in the readme file included with the new install, but you're right - I will add it to the notes in the first post of this thread to make it more visible. I'm also in the process of getting a webpage set up and will make sure the info is easy to find on there as well.

:p it was 43900. I didn't care to go back into my router to see which one it was, so i just put 43000, figuring you would know what i ment.

btw, good time playing with you guys the other night... I specifically remember you owning all of us on Koitos :D
i do my best :p

I am the kind of guy that opens up and app and just rolls with it, not really reading the manual. yes, i know RT-&^%$ing-M, however, I am used to my buddy's programs. he spends HOURS making it 150% intuitive and easy. Again, not to sound like a jerk, just explaining. Thanks for the app, works great after forwarding that port :)

Upvote 0