• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

smoke shells

Smoke shells are not needed because most German tanks had smoke generators on them from the Panzer III to the Tiger II. In fact on the Tiger I you can plainly see the smoke emitters on the side of the turret. So I say add smoke generators !!:)
tigerfigure3.jpg

Soviet tanks on the other hand did not have smoke generating capablities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most German tanks had smoke generators on them from the Panzer III to the Tiger II.
In fact on the Tiger I you can plainly see the smoke emitters on the side of the turret.
tigerfigure3.jpg

Soviet tanks on the other hand did not have smoke generating capablities.
hello Rommel :p;) GOOD POST :) we badly need smoke generating capablities for tanks i love shells better

Last edited:
Upvote 0
many models of the Pz III and IV also did not....
pzkpfw_iii_front.jpg

Pic of Panzer III with smoke generators.

From achtungpanzer.com:

"Models of the Panzer IV Ausf Gs were fitted with steel armor skirts and resembled early models of Ausf H. Ausf G featured new simplified design turret mounted with smoke grenade launchers."

The T-28 had smoke generators....

The T-28 is not in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some T-34 did get the pumbling for smoke gernerator / smoke pots, but if any were fitted it would have been late spring or the summer of '44. And probably not all factories fitted them, so they won't be visible on all tanks produced after those dates. While the design of the T-34 was strictly controlled, there was still a lot of variations in the manufacture between the different factories.

Upvote 0
kingtiger attack

kingtiger attack

The last KingTiger tried to run, but it was impossible. The T-34 fired a smoke ammo, then did maneuver to intercept and killed him. The result: 11 men of German crews were killed, 1 captured by Soviet SMG platoon; two KingTigers were totally destroyed, and last one was repaired and moved to Soviet polygon Kubinka (where it was learned).
Germans reported about "strong Russian anti-tank defense, impossible to penetrate it by existing forces".
Lately, 3 more PzKpfwVIB were captured in Ogledow. ......yes T34 did have smoke shells :p read here they did use smoke to attack king tigers http://wio.ru/tank/ww2tank.htm

Upvote 0
KV1 and post 43' t32s both had smoke shells, but not smoke generators or smoke dischargers.
Tigers and panthers had smoke shells and smoke dischargers but not smoke generators.

A smoke shell is fired like a normal ap/he shell
A smoke discharger fires small smoke generators with limited ammounts of smoke
A smoke generator uses the engine to generate endless smoke (these where very rare with 1940's tanks)

Upvote 0
KV1 and post 43' t32s both had smoke shells, but not smoke generators or smoke dischargers.
Tigers and panthers had smoke shells and smoke dischargers but not smoke generators.

A smoke shell is fired like a normal ap/he shell
A smoke discharger fires small smoke generators with limited ammounts of smoke
A smoke generator uses the engine to generate endless smoke (these where very rare with 1940's tanks)
well i need smoke shells:p so every time tanks try to out flank me i can just fire one off and get out of trouble as fast as i got into it :D

Upvote 0