• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Mod News

This is just incredible news. I'm so looking forward to N. Africa and then Italian campaign. And all those new weapons and additions to game play. Wow. I'm just a bit baffled with Italian campaign where we have Italians vs. Brits and Yanks...What happened to Germans in Italy. I thought they had to "occupy" Italy to try to stop Allies Advances. I hope to see battle for Monte Cassino, or Anzio, something along the Gothic Line, and I hope to see Germans next to Italians...Either way it'll be fun. Major respect and big thank you to devs for working on this...You have a very, very happy soldier here...
Also, when I think of N. Africa, I mostly think of Germans and Brits.

You won't see Italians vs Allies in Italy only Sicily ;) We may through in an Italians vs Germans map though for a bit of fun :D

As for North Africa many nations fought there. In most cases there were more Italians fighting than Germans in battles including Bardia and such like. Americans and Aussies/Canadians also fought in large numbers through both campaigns which is why we want to include them. :)

Upvote 0
Also remember that many of the Yanks on the Med Front were Afro Americans. Something most media history leaves out.
They fought the Germans in some very bloody battles especially as the Allies pushed up through the Italian Alps.

Me, though, I'd love some Aussies in the desert. Reminds me of Desert Rats on TV when I was a kid.

Upvote 0
No game about North Africa would be complete without some diggers, no doubt.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Darn right. The ANZAC's featured big in the Afrikan and Italian conflicts. Why do game makers still refuse to include these? I'm sure the brits wouldn't have won those campaigns without New Zealand and Australians.

Upvote 0
Elysium,

Well it was really NZ that broke the German defenses. They had to withdraw due to high casulties. The Poles only claimed the glory.

The Monte Cassino campaign was a long drawn out affair with many regiments taking part. My point was just to illustrate the large diversity of nationalities taking part.

The Poles fought really hard as well, as in any operation they took part. I'm not taking anything away from the NZ-troops, but I'm sure no one had a stroll up the hill there...

Upvote 0
when i think of africa i think sand and more sand...i think of visious tank battles between rommel and the aussies and british. as for the italian campaign...the italians had huge german support against a great number of different nations. when i think of this campaign i think of alot of allied nations. i think of brits, canadians and smaller countries including macedonia and greece with american support. the fighting was mostly against germans that had a half-hearted italian backing. any which way you slice it, this mod looks like alot of fun and will likely bring some new players and life to Roost. i cant wait.

Upvote 0
Also remember that many of the Yanks on the Med Front were Afro Americans. Something most media history leaves out.
They fought the Germans in some very bloody battles especially as the Allies pushed up through the Italian Alps.

Eh? Never heard of that one before. there were some black fighter pilots (Tuskeegee Airmen) that distinguished themselves, but IIRC there were no black ground units in WWII that saw combat action.

love to see the source if you have it. always willing to learn new aspects of history I did not know before. ;)

Upvote 0