• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

mapvoting hack? 768 votes for a map?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironcheese

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2006
Germany, Hamburg
Hi ppl, the headline says it all.

On some servers a map vote ends up with crazy amount of votes. Like 534 or somethin, single persons are able to give 47 votes at a time.... WTF?!

Are these sob's using hacks? Can TW fix this?

-Mod

This is a Feature of the Game System allowing the Admin of the Server to switch to Score Mod Voting, which gives every Player a Vote Power equal to his/her Score

Yes there is a System which can be easily turned on in the Voting menu, which turns a 1 Vote / Player to X Votes/Player, where X is the current Score.

Not anyone might like it, but the Voting Menu should show that Score Mode is enabled in the Headline.

EDIT
Edited it in to the First Post, to avoid confusing people :)

Upvote 0
I remember some servers running a mutator or mode where your score is the number of votes you contribute, as well.

I don't get the idea behind this. In most of the maps, defenders end up scores 50 points under attackers, cuz they have no objectives to capture or, the beginning when the capturing is possible, it is just almost impossible to hold 2 objectives. So this makes attackers able to make more effect on vote result, than defenders.

Upvote 0
Also, this "bug" that has been talked about I have seen.

Sometimes if someone votes for a map and then leaves the server, it shows a crazy number of votes for that map. What is even crazier, the server doesnt recognize all the large number, it still tallies the actual votes.

How do I know this, I have seen a map with 5 votes beat one with a couple thousand.

I cannot be exploited and therefore is just a silly visual bug.

Like witzig said, they may have had the score equals vote thing on.

My experience with the "bug" aspect of this was in the mod, not ostfront.

Upvote 0
I don't get the idea behind this. In most of the maps, defenders end up scores 50 points under attackers, cuz they have no objectives to capture or, the beginning when the capturing is possible, it is just almost impossible to hold 2 objectives. So this makes attackers able to make more effect on vote result, than defenders.
Good point, although I still like the idea of your score being your vote count numbers as well.

Upvote 0
well i just saw that today, and i find it off balancing 1 guy kept choosing every map, so why bother having a vote?

also i must add that while he was voting for 96 votes at a time no one else had more than one vote,.

also he voted 4 times with 96 votes per vote so the end total was in the 400.... even if its a mutator or whatever , it feels like a exploit to me.

I took a screen shot but for some reason, only the image appeared no ingame text i used prntscrn.

Anyways i came here to post it as a possible hack,after a searched i saw i didnt need to but... even if its not a hack... if it looks like an exploit, smells like a exploit, its an exploit, even if its an official mutator one. Its being exploited.

If the mutator said to the victor go the spoiles, score highest and choose the next map, then i would have no problem with it.

Upvote 0
There's a bug that's been around since always (see the screenshot posted above me) where people vote and then leave the server (I think) and suddenly the number of votes for a given map appear to skyrocket. That only happens occasionally though, so if you're seeing a problem occur on every map then it'll be the alternate voting mode posted earlier.

Upvote 0
Oh man, lol, i just clicked on this thread, and the first thing i thought was: ha-ha, take a look at that noob, making a thread about this.... then i was like: WTF?! when did i posted this crap?! ...oh.... 2006.... well, thats a long time ago..... ^^

anyway, why do you dug this thread out? Let it rest in peace, its intimidating enough for me xD because no one looks at the date -.-

cya

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.