• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What if the war never ended RO 2042!!

Yury Revenge was probably my favorite c&c game... horrible cheesy in game movies, but a fun game nevertheless.

Pity iron storm looks like any other fps shooter... bland...

But only if we can get a more realisim centric game out that thinks outside your historycal boundaries (though, the way technology is advancing for modern warfare, real war will begin to look more like a fps, build in optics for weapons that provide feedback to the soilder exactly where the weapon is pointing, etc. etc.)

My thoughs is not to have mechs in the 60's... hell they never existed then, nor do they exist (outside of robotic research) now, but rather a whatif infantry/tank combat game aka RO, with more advanced weaponary.

Hell, you can even go as far as to create a game simulating a russian invasion into wester Europe, or even the US of A for that matter (aka Red dawn).

Possibilities are endless... just needs people who dont get stuck in the same old rut of creating the same old thing.. over and over again with better graphics.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
Why not shadehunter why cant some mad German scientist invent the most powerful mech ?
In WW1 the German tank scared the hell out of soldiers that never saw nothing more then there town and there farm to be taken half way around the world into a war that has these giant metal beasts coming at you that you cant stop with your rifle .
You guys got to think outside the bubble.
mad.jpg

Upvote 0
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the idea is just batty. "Mechs" would have a silhouette that is much to large and make a great target for infantry carried "anti-mech" rocket or some weapon like it. If terrain is too much for a tracked vehicle to get over, then we have a modern solution to get around this: a helicopter. I have no idea how the mech craze ever got started either, but I can't think of an army wanting to develop a 100 story anthropomorphic vehicle with swords or fist rockets when it could get the job done with hand held or small vehicle mounted weapons.

While I am a fan of science fiction, things like mechs could never be included in a game that strives for realism.

Upvote 0
In WW1 the German tank scared the hell out of soldiers that never saw nothing more then there town and there farm to be taken half way around the world into a war that has these giant metal beasts coming at you that you cant stop with your rifle .
I hate to break it to you, but Germany didn't use tanks in the first World War. They built a grand total of 20 of them. The British were the only ones with a substantial tank force. Anyway, I think what we really need is robot Hitler in space with a gun. Everyone knows this, and it's coming. RO v. 1.666 will have the playable class "Robohitler With a Gun" - it will have 10,000 health and will be armed with four gattling guns which will have enough recoil each to make your screen point at the clouds before you even think about pressing the fire button.

Upvote 0
I'd actually like to play something like this. It'd be different. But wasn't something like this already done with WW1?

Yea, the game is called Iron Storm. It suffered from quite a few bugs and stuff, but it was actually fun to play once you got the hang of it.

Personally, if TripWire wanted to make an RO in the future I would prefer something not THAT many years ahead, such that the war lasted long enough for the Strumtigers to go into production, the Russian glider tanks to start working right, and for both sides to create a few more secret weapons of their own including the curved barrel variants of their MG's, body armor, and many other things that COULD have happend but didn't.

Your idea of WW2 that far in the future is a good idea, but I believe that would be best left to another company to create.

But good idea anyway, it would be cool to go tanking around in a walker, crushing enemy soldiers under my tanks feet. LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was always fascinated by mechs and still am and even more so by the sci-fi WII Mechs. Those pictures are damn nice, and there is a game comming out that has German mechs?

I know it's not real and its sci-fi, duh. But so the hell what, it would be fun as hell.

I always liked this pictures

Have you played Silent Storm? Its a tactical turn based squad game like X-COM, Jagged Alliance etc, but its set in WW2 and has mechs. Personally I lost interest when they introduced mechs because it was all realistic and then you have to start playing with these futuristic armour half way through. Pic:

ss_addon_03.jpg

panzerklein.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That rocket pack would apply a force that doesn't work through the soldier's centre of gravity. That means that it would flip him over and plant his head into the ground the second he tried to use it. It would also burn his feet. And it has no stabilizers keep a straight line of travel. Those tiny fins don't count because they would do nothing relative to the air resistance of the soldier or the effect of him trying to move his gun around and offsetting the balance.
Congratulations for making my day mate. You have no problem with walking bots. No problem with how much interior space the armour and hardware would eat up or stuff like that, but felt compelled to point out the aerodynamic shortcomings of the jump pack.
Tell me, if you watched matrix, were you there working out calorific input compared to watts output of the human 'batteries':D

ZuZu, its a great idea, but it needs an independent team to work on it. Not sure of the neutrality of the audience here. Stick with it mate. Personally my main game will continue to be RO, as supplied, but its always nice to play other games for a break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was always fascinated by mechs and still am and even more so by the sci-fi WII Mechs. Those pictures are damn nice, and there is a game comming out that has German mechs?

I know it's not real and its sci-fi, duh. But so the hell what, it would be fun as hell.

I always liked this pictures:
Panzer_Mech.jpg

Where can I find this pic Id allso liked to make this abackgroud can you send it to me please!!?

Upvote 0