• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You want a team play?

You want a team play ? Then all crew should receive for the killed tanks frags , not only one gunner .

Errrrr, both the driver and the gunner get awarded the kill.

If you're worried about scores, then I think you should get points for the tank, rather than who's in it. Say each tank is worth 2 points, either empty or with 1, 2 or 3 crewmen.

But I'm not really bothered.

Upvote 0
The points give a reasonable estimate of how well youre doing. Its nice to see yourself at the top of the scoreboard, you get a sense of pride...

If points did have mor meaning i believe the teamwork aspect would fall apart, players would be a lot more willing to do things like TK for weapons or spawn camping...

Upvote 0
If you're that concerned about points, don't worry too much about "frags" concentrate on helping your team win, and you'll be rewarded. The people the highest scores are more often than not people who concentrate on capturing objectives, keeping their friendly mg's well supplied, etc.

On Ogledow yesterday I topped the score board for all 3 rounds. I got very few points for capturing the hill. My points came from destroying every allied tank that came to take it back (I was a faust soldier). For 2 of the rounds the allies never once recapped that hill but I kept the objective in axis hands single handed for the greater majority of the time.

I hate people who just fly from objective to objective trying to get cap points and then letting it fall straight back into enemy hands. It's just not realisticand is essentially 'gamey'.

Upvote 0
Sense of idea.

Gunner has killed the tank.

scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

The machingunner has killed the infantryman
scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

The driver has crushed infantry.
scores
Arrows +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

If people want scores , let earn them together, together it will make by it easier.

Upvote 0
Sense of idea.

scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

scores
Arrows +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

If people want scores , let earn them together, together it will make by it easier.

Thats EXACTLY what happens already. Every crewmember gets the points for any kill made by the vehicle...

Upvote 0
Sense of idea.

scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

scores
Gunner +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

scores
Arrows +1
Driver +1
Machingunner +1

We already have that system in...Take more time to notice it.

Upvote 0
Just an idea but if you are the team that loses the map then you dont get a score have it jumble the names around and give everyone 0 points. this would give you incentive to acutally win. Also you may have won some firefights but you lost the battle so it doesnt matter how good you are. If your team didnt win then you didnt win and you shouldnt get anything to show for it.

Upvote 0
While the subject of points has been raised, and I agree that points are a good way of showing how well a team is playing, not only allies axis, but teams within the teams, clans, squads etc. Why not remove the kill points and only award the points for capture. Or how about only awarding the kill points to the winning team at the end of each round e.g you get 10 kills in a round but your team loses, those points are wiped, if your team wins they stay.

the points system is a good one, don't remove it altogether, make it a server option...

Upvote 0