• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-BeachAssault

Iff people won't like a certain map cause it isn't "Historical correct" they should avoid it. Noone force them to play it. Iff they want it Historical correct they should download some tools and spoil some time.

Or they should ask for no respawn maps cause that's the ultimate historical incorrectness of all....
They buried almost 55 million who didn't respawn.......... Nice job with the map dude.......

Drecks!! Here's a surprise for you.... I agree with you 100%.

Now with that said, people should realize there is a difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. One is helpful, the other is hurtful.

Some people posting in here don't know the difference yet. So, the simple answer is if you cannot help the situation, be polite and thank the mappers for their efforts. If however, you have constructive criticism coupled with suggestions for improvement of a map, then by all means, present your suggestions.

Yes Drecks, you are right on all counts. Those that simply "bash" a mapper's creation are indeed insulting and completely out of line. They need not run the map on their server or, play in it on anyone's server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played the map twice yesterday to try it out. I admit at first I was skeptical, but it definately has potential.

Couple of comments though.

- The boat ride is a bit long
- The beach is very large, but almost too easy to get on and thru. Shoot the guys in the bunkers and it is almost too easy to advance. Suggest lowering the height of the sand dunes a bit, make players crawl.
- The trench system is too constrictive. You can't get out. You also cannot (or its very difficult) to stand on some of the crates in the trench. Bottom Line: It's too maze-like. Mess it up a bit, put some overhead cover every so many feet, and allow people to be able to get out.
- Maybe set up the 88's beyond the trees? When I finally got to the point to see them, it was anti-climatic, they were just in a larger section of the trenches. Maybe put them at a point were they could theoretically fire at ships offshore (line of sight)

But yes, I was surprised, I still enjoyed the map.

Upvote 0
As regards Tochiri's map I agree that the boat journey should be less and also I think that the beach should be smaller and the trenches less like superhighways running at random around the map. Whilst it may be perfectly valid not to have too many steps up and slots on the side FACING the enemy, it seems odd that once you're in the trench system you are basically a rat in a maze.

Other issues....

Or they should ask for no respawn maps cause that's the ultimate historical incorrectness of all....

You're absolutely right. As you prolly know, Drecks, as it stands, it is impossible to make a map where no-one respawns. You need at least 16 reinforcements per side for them to be able to even start playing and, if you get less than 16 playing, then someone will respawn. I am awaiting some advice on how to get around that from any of the code-monkeys that hang around these forums.

I think a 'death-match' or single objective map with 0 respawn would create some very tense, very tight gameplay and I, for one, cannot wait to bring out a map that plays just like that. People may hate it at first but they will see that it adds another dimension to the game.

I also think that a game where one side spawns before the others, giving them time to take up positions on a small map would add a good element of uncertainty to gameplay, meaning more possibility for ambush situations.

Upvote 0
There is one simple rule. I'm always right even when i'm wrong. :)

The map you mention Nestor would play like Search and Destroy
People wouldn't run at their objective but sneak in.
Danger is that the wait is to long and people would leave so a time
sheduled system is needed to force a team to cap in time iff they
won't they loose.

Sorry for the thread hijack so back on topic now....

Upvote 0
I was thinking of something:
Wouldn't it be possible to add a 4th bunker at the far right or left side of the map, impossible to enter and without any viewport to throw grenades in it.
Inside the bunker, there's a CPU-controlled MG-34, firing all 50 rounds through a little hole of the wall into one of three or four defined areas on the map, before it stops for something around 25-40secs, before it suppresses another of these areas(chosen coincidentaly), until all bunkers are capped?
Could make it a bit harder for the attackers to storm over the beach, when they do not know where the MG will fire the next time...
Two areas could be near the landing zone, one area is along the wire line(btw, you maybe should add another wire line), and one is in the open water, so that it maybe hits a boat.
EDIT: Maybe you should change the bunkers design more towards these model bunkers:
vp_0117.jpg

PN7.jpg

And if there should ever be such an 'automatic' bunker, it maybe should look like this one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for a lot of comments,I was surprised.:eek:
Thank you.Thank you really.:)

Details in this map are making hereafter and.
Bunker,Trench,Beach.
Thank you for feedback for these.

To Richard_B

Thank you for a detailed chart of the bunker.:)

To Drecks
To *7GA* Nestor Makhno
To Mike_Nomad

I can make a free map thanks to you. We wish to express our gratitude.:)
I'm sorry for it and Mr. *7GA* Nestor Makhno!
In the map that you tried to make to looking like.:eek:
However, please do not worry.
The map that you make is real.
The meaning is different from my map. haha:)

To =GG= Mr Moe
To Ron
To Dav1d

Hi,Commentator Mr Moe and Mr Ron and Mr Dav1d:)
It adjusts it.Thank you.

To Witzig
To Monkwarrior
To Dheepan
To Jono
To Witzig
To Yoshiro
To ULF|_Monkeyman

Thank you for the comment and feedback.:)
I began to make the upcoming version.

Upvote 0
- The boat ride is a bit long
- The beach is very large, but almost too easy to get on and thru. Shoot the guys in the bunkers and it is almost too easy to advance. Suggest lowering the height of the sand dunes a bit, make players crawl.
- The trench system is too constrictive. You can't get out. You also cannot (or its very difficult) to stand on some of the crates in the trench. Bottom Line: It's too maze-like. Mess it up a bit, put some overhead cover every so many feet, and allow people to be able to get out.
I agree with these comments. I also don't really care for the random mortar hits with the current boat ride. It ****s to take the boat or worst walk to the beach and get taken out by a random mortar hit just to do it all over again.

When I loaded the map a lotta of players were like WTF, but most seemed to enjoy it. Another map that'll probably shape up to be a winner.

*Edit*
S u c k is a four letter word on the forums, LMAO!

Upvote 0
I would make the deep water kill the players instantly. In the first version I could swim around the spawn and stuff. Soldiers have heavy equipment and sink to the bottom of the sea and drown.

Honestly when I ran through this map, it reminded me too much of d-day. The canoes make me feel like someone is saying the western allies had it easy because they had armored landing crafts and the Russians used canoes. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way.

Upvote 0
I played 2 rounds on this map, and liked it.
But I also feel it needs more work:

- can the boats please be made stearable? No idea it that's possible, though, but it would be nide if the Reds could try to avoid the incoming artillery.
And if so, instead of the boats auto-returning (empty!) to their starting-position, have them disappear and respawn at start after the soldiers have landed.
- put some suggestion of an outboard-engine on the boats
- give them a metal-look, instead of wood
- a few more obstacles on the beach (wrecks), to give a little bit more shelter...as things are now, Russians tend to end up together hiding in a crater on the left side of the beach, before they proceed.
- maybe make it raining, to reduce overall visibility
- map-time is to short...at least it was during the 2 rounds I played (as Red)
- add some more environmental sounds: wind, seagulls, distant gun-sounds coming from inland, etc.
- some grass at the higher parts of the beach/dunes...makes it look less clean, and gives some more hiding-spots.

About the bunkers and trenches...see other people's comments.

But in general, I like the idea, and don't care about historical accuracy on this one. :)

Upvote 0
My crap MAP improved the version. :)

Change point

:The distance of the boat was shortened.
:The trench has reduced. Adjustment of it and height.
:The fog was thinned.
:The base was placed in the beach line.

The next version change point

:If it is possible, botpath is made. (It might be difficult on the structure of the map. )
:The cover will be increased.
:If it is possible, an original boat is made.
:Remodeling in bunker
:An environmental sound will be increased.

Enjoy it.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had my first look at it, and I was impressed how it changed. The trenches are much better now, the area behind the cliffs offers more possibilities for both sides, and the overall design has greatly improved.
What should be changed during the next time:
-The trenches are to wide and to flat. They should be deep enough to provide the possibility to rest a standing soldiers weapon on the sides. At the moment, you can't rest your weapon while standing, and when your are in chrouched position, you can't fire.
-Maybe you shouldn't be able to go the cliffs down or up. Force the player to use the left or right way.
-Maybe a half circle of sandbags at every exit of the trenches(could look like this: c ===). Also, change the design of the sandbag walls at the cliff. It is unrealistic to see long walls of sandbags.
-It was a good idea to put Flak A into the trenches, but maybe you should change it a bit: Let the trench end a few steps before it reaches the gun and make the position look more real, like THIS ONE.
-The bunker for Flak B should also be redesigned, maybe you could use THIS ONE as original.
-When you are redesigning the bunkers, maybe you should think over giving them a second floor under the actual one.
-Maybe you should make the area around the wire a bit more open. At the moment it seems to be a bit to easy to blow it up. Also, a second wire could be useful.

Besides this: Good work, keep it up!

Upvote 0