• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have the MG pivot around the bipod

Jaesperson

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
..not around the center of the player. this would be/look really cool

but would also make shooting the MG from prone position difficult. can anyone tell me how hard it is to swing around an entire machinegun (something bigger than an M249, i guess the DP and the german MG42/34 were a little heavier and longer) while laying on the ground as it currently is displayed in RO?

Might come from Tripwire if they decide to invest the time in that project. You need a lot of good Animating to make that look good.

Since you need to show the Avatar crouchin at different Heights, moving sideways etc. In addition to the coding.

That's true. Before they even think about adding this, they should add a crouch feature for MGs and a better deploy system. But it's something i want to see in the future for sure.

Upvote 0
This would require major modifications to deep engine code. There is a tiny chance that this might happen.
No it wouldn't.... there isn't anything in "deep engine code" for this stuff, unless you're thinking of doing something bizzare like moving the actor's pivot point or something... I suppose a really brute force of doing this would be to just manually calculate the new location with a bit of trig, but this wouldn't do collision detection. Maybe some voodoo with velocities could get the native collision detection to work for this.

Upvote 0