• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzerfaust was NOT reloadable

The panzerfaust in game although it is weaker than it should be is still pretty effective. I usually kill T-34/85s and IS-2s in one or two shots but I have to get behind them and pretty close. As for the Germans carrying panzerfausts I have seen pictures of Germans carrying two panzerfausts with a K98 or an MP40 but never three. If the panzerfaust is reduced to one per soldier then it must be strenghtened and given to most Germans especially in the late war maps because panzerfausts were essentially "distributed like grenades" (words from a German vet). Basically everyone got one from medics to Hitler Youth to civilians (in Berlin 1945) when enemy tanks attacked. But the major problem with the panzerfaust on RO is the fact that the Soviets can pick them up easily and use them because this was not realistic. Although the Soviets captured many panzerfausts they were all shipped back to the Soviet Union for analysis. They were rarely used in combat as I don't believe they knew how to use it probably due to the instructions being printed in German not Soviet.:)

The Panzerfaust 150 which some on this forum have stated "were only prototypes" is wrong because in January 1945 more than 100,000 of these reloadable panzerfausts were made and many were given to Germans to defend the "Fatherland". Although they were never as common as the panzerfaust 60 they were nontheless important. (They should add it to late maps like Berlin) Below we can see a German solider holding a panzerfaust 150:

p150m.jpg

links:
http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/panzerfaust2.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Correct. The Soviet's actually had it worse than that.

You jest.

Anyway, I say we fix this by giving Soviet AT soldiers anti-tank grenades. Toss that little bad boy under the hull of the offending panzer and watch it grind to an inglorious halt. I say two RPG-43's, capable of penetrating 75mm of armour, good for those vulnerable areas of heavy tanks or weaker tanks in general. Also would give an infantryman one hell of a bad day.

Upvote 0
Soviets never used them? yeah right thy where standerd issue for soviet assault Troops known as ShISBr (Assault Engineer-Sapper Brigades of High Command Reserve). not the most numerous of troops but you do see a few pics of them. (rember seeing the pics of soviet troops in "body armor"? -thats them.)

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=21011&highlight=body+armor+armour

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=16207&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=16207&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Upvote 0
Whoever said the panzerfaust was reloadable! You carry 3 it's a disposable weapon. I've seen photos of French SS carrying 3 panzerfausts on their back so i guess it was possible to carry three, you just would be slower.

Well I have seen a photo where US 101st airbourne paratrooper carries THREE (!!) MG42s.

The trick is that he was possibly just moving to assembly area among his squad and just picking every possible weapon they can find among the way as they were possibly in short of weaponry, even possibly ammo.

And for the same reason, I doubt that carrying 3x Panzerfaust is "so" realistic in battlefield. Well could be, but you need to be psychically either very strong or need to have either VERY light eguipment and possibly no "main" weapon.

Somehow this reminds me about the "endless debate" about falling damage. :rolleyes:

I think we need to have Panzershrieks(is that spelt right?) for the Germans and American Bozooka's for the Soviets.

As an Idea, not bad. However, I recommend finding flameshelter as you are going to get wrath of RO fans very soon.

Upvote 0
Why the hell soldiers shouldn't be allowed to carry more than one faust with them? As previously mentioned, 3 fausts weight about 18kg. That's nothing. The max weight I can carry is about 30kg on my back without any problems.

Because (a) they were cumbersome weapons, (b) the soldier had to carry his primary weapon as well, and (c) they were not fitted with slings (unlike the Bazooka). Not to mention, accounts from German veterans state that carrying more than one at a time in combat was difficult.

Upvote 0
Well I have seen a photo where US 101st airbourne paratrooper carries THREE (!!) MG42s.

The trick is that he was possibly just moving to assembly area among his squad and just picking every possible weapon they can find among the way as they were possibly in short of weaponry, even possibly ammo.

I'm with Oldih on this one. There is a big difference between "tabbing" with a heavy load and going into combat while being effective with all the weapons you're carrying.

The RO:OST manual gives the weight as 11.7 kg, which is a total of 35 Kg. And I get the feeling that the Panzerfaust had most of it's weight at the warhead. (Yes, I do know that it's a hollow charge).

Add on your SMG and 5 magazines (6 kg ??), the "tin pot" and grenades. Now try to run, drive, crawl and roll and use your weapons effectively and it becomes a different story.

Upvote 0
Why the hell soldiers shouldn't be allowed to carry more than one faust with them? As previously mentioned, 3 fausts weight about 18kg. That's nothing. The max weight I can carry is about 30kg on my back without any problems.

Why not to allow soldiers to carry 3 proimary weapons.

k98 (3,9kg) + Mp40 (4,7kg) + SVT (3,9kg) = 12,5kg

I would like to see soldier with 30kg of equipement running across battlefield, fighting in melee etc. It is just nonsense.

And for those, who argue with photos of soldiers carrying more than 1 faust - I saw photos of soldiers carrying more than one primary as well (numerous rifles or captured smgs, for example). In battle barely no-one had more than 1 faust and/or 1 primary weapon...

Upvote 0