• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

check the history books, they were in plentiful supply and used often. The game strives for realism so they should be part of it. The search function can also come in handy for these topics, I think a few other may have brought this up before....well at least one or two, but I'm not sure :rolleyes:
I know about the other threads but I wanted to make a poll. I like polls:)

Upvote 0
the polls are handy, I agree. I did a quick search for this one just because he already did the math on it.

Harry S. Truman said:
I just read some statistics that the Germans made 88.65 MILLION hand grenades during the war!!!!! During the most intense combat during August/September 1944, the army was using 198 grenades per minute. HOLY CRAP!! :eek:

This was from an earlier thread about limiting the amount of nades. just wanted to put it in there for perspective. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More nades please.

Mortars too please.
Oh, and nukes too! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, let's say yes to both. Each soldier should have 4 hand-grenades. But then, to bring balance, raise "reinforcements" time to 2 minutes on every map, remove death messages on grenades and give them their real power. Now that would actually make me like TripWire's infantry maps.

Upvote 0
For historical accuracy's sake, snipers did carry grenades. I'm not really into German or Russian sniping history (I use the term 'sniper' in regards to the Russians very, very loosely) but British snipers carried two Mills bombs in the top pocket of their dennison smocks.

There's plenty of pics around of Germans with grenades stuffed in their belt and down their jackboots.

I think that there would be plenty of grenade throwing for the first few minutes of a firefight, and then they would become a bit more scarce. It'd be nice to see a little less of them, but it's fine the way it is.

Upvote 0
I don't care about the number of grenades (they seem fine). I don't agree about the nade spam (logical and realistic enough). What I do care about enough to respond in this thread? Grenades being used as a primary weapon! This happens quite frequent.

Example:
Me and my trusted MN91/30 on Odessa suddenly face an enemy with an STG. We are both in the open. If the guy is any good, I have only one chance: fire first and kill. But even before I get a shot off, the guy switches to a grenade and throws it at my feet while zigzagging into cover. WTF!!

This happens waaay too often for it to have a simple explanation like 'out of ammo'.

Upvote 0
I don't really see what the problem is with that. Is your complaint that he preferred the nade over the rifle? Or is your complaint that he threw it accurately while zigzagging and such? If it's the latter, I could see introducing some more free-aim with the nades when moving. That'd make sense. But if the issue is simply that the other guy chose to use his nade to take you out rather than engage in a rifle duel, I think you're just gonna have to resign yourself to that.

When you're on the run and the other guy's stationary, that's the smart thing to do. In the time it takes you to kneel down and pull up iron sights, you'll be dead. Look at it this way, though. If you manage to shoot him before he tosses the nade, it'll fall at his feet and probably kill any friendlies running by. :D

Upvote 0