• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG.34 shooting videos

You can see the barrel glowing under the shroud at the end of the first one. It looks so sweet.

I agree that they got the ROF right sound-wise, but I always thought the RO:O sound for the MG34 was a bit dull. The single-fire sound still strikes me as "WTF" since it's just a little jot of what almost sounds like white noise. Not like any gun going off. The first few times I heard it, I though someone had a glitch going on their rifle.

Upvote 0
bas

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by {YBBS}Sage
I think you should take a field trip to go record them. :D

Can I be your assistant? I'll carry all the gear!

Can I join you? I'll provide the hardware :D

I'll provide the beer and *****es, as long as I get to fire the thing.

Upvote 0
if anyone could get me high quality recordings without encoding artifacts, winds blowing or asshats talking in the background id gladly put them in the game

Email the guy for a request of it. Or set up a meeting with someone who owns one. Surely with something as awesome as an MG42, it wouldn't be hard to locate *someone* nearby who owns one. Unless you live somewhere in Europe, mebbie....hrm...

Upvote 0
Those are sweet. Yeah many of the gun sounds in RO just seem kinda flacid, muted, and non scary and it's not because of volume, it's the pitch or tone that seems off (there's no SNAP SNAP SNAP of a real gun which scares you ****less). Of course the sound will be somewhat different depending on the location (outdoors, canyon, urban, indoors etc) just capture the core sound without all the reverberations and echo. Those mg34's sound absolutely terrifying compared to the ones in RO. I would love new sounds. The distant gun sounds in RO I do love though and they sound perfect. I love hearing mp40 chatter or K98 & Mosin Nagant going off from a distance.

Upvote 0