• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO gamers are good actors

I just wanna say thanks to the developers for including the possibility to spectate the game of RO. Especially the roaming function is great.
For a couple of years now I have followed this game with anticipation and big hopes that it will be the best II world war game ever and in many ways I think it already is.

Up to this date I have mostly played World War II Online because of the tactical level of warfare but RO I still the

Sound is dodgy for me as well.
The volume of certain sounds is not right and sometimes the direction isn't working for me either.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS with a surround headset as well. For most other games it works like a charm but not for RO.

Hopefully we get a fix sometime. If not then I'm looking forward to RO2 on the UE3 :D

Upvote 0
Do you have AVL enabled in your XFi control panel? Disable it if yes.
Also make sure that you have the newest drivers from creative.com.

Good post, I also like to spectate once-in a while when I feel lazy. Or sometimes full servers allow a couple spectators. Also a great way to learn from the "vets" :D

Upvote 0
Voice commands aren't directional. Since retail, they don't come from the players who use them, they simply play on all team-mates computers at a constant volume. Literally "in your head" so to speak. The other team however, will hear them with the correct volume and direction. I believe this is an intended feature designed to assist teamwork rather than a bug.

Upvote 0
Voice commands aren't directional. Since retail, they don't come from the players who use them, they simply play on all team-mates computers at a constant volume. Literally "in your head" so to speak. The other team however, will hear them with the correct volume and direction. I believe this is an intended feature designed to assist teamwork rather than a bug.

it doesnt help very much to assist teamwork.
VC's like grenade, follow me, infantry spotted etc are useless as it is now.
IMO they should be made back into 3d sounds, so only people around youcan see/hear them, THEN they would help

Upvote 0
Is this true?? If so then i don't like it at all. I thought the voices were just too loud overall, but if the above is the case then i hope they change it so that i hear my teammates just like the other team hears them.

Upvote 0
IMO they should be made back into 3d sounds, so only people around youcan see/hear them, THEN they would help

I partially agree; Except I think only players near you should hear them, but the text should be displayed for all teammates, or at least for the commander with such items as "Attack Objective" or "Under attack at objective", not so much for items like "grenade" or "sniper".

It's just a lot easier to tell people to attack an objective using the voice commands than to type it out repeatedly.

Upvote 0
LOL ! ! !

Awesome post, I laugh because I thought I was the only one and didn't want to be laughed at. I now admit I too am a voyeur.:D

I've applied in game tactics based on what I've watched. Like Rez said, you can definately see patterns. Also, to be a part of all out team rush would be awesome. All charging at once. Make for a cool little short to record. What map do you think it would work best on for Allies?

Anyways I don't want to get off the beaten path. Like I said.......

AWESOME POST :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0