• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

add view bob...

I have something important I need to tell you. I anticipate it will result in my receiving a barrage of angry e-mail from viewbob accusing me of being imprudent, but viewbob's activities provide a vivid example of how I, speaking as someone who is not an abhorrent sciolist, am troubled by viewbob's constant exaggerations and half-truths. Some background is in order: Viewbob says that one can understand the elements of a scientific theory only by reference to the social condition and personal histories of the scientists involved. But then it turns around and says that you and I are inferior to antihumanist, perfidious pip-squeaks. You know, you can't have it both ways, viewbob. I am on an important mission to maintain social tranquillity. If I don't accomplish that mission, viewbob's plans to undermine the intellectual purpose of higher education could well succeed. This is not the first time I've wanted to examine viewbob's worldview from the perspective of its axiology (values) and epistemology (ways of knowing). But it is the first time I realized that we must tell it like it is. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to change the world for the better. It seems clear that I take no part in any argument over these or any other views. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that our path is set. By this, I mean that in order to protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of rebarbative, negligent storytellers, we must perform noble deeds. I consider that requirement a small price to pay because in a recent essay, viewbob stated that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by viewbob itself). Since the arguments viewbob made in the rest of its essay are based in part on that assumption, viewbob should be aware that it just isn't true. Not only that, but viewbob truly believes that the Earth is flat. It is just such bloodthirsty megalomania, unscrupulous egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs viewbob to procure explosive devices, gasoline, and detonators for use in an upcoming campaign of terror. Viewbob argues that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". I wish I could suggest some incontrovertible chain of apodictic reasoning that would overcome this argument, but the best I can do is the following: When it tells us that a book of its writings would be a good addition to the Bible, it somehow fails to mention that neither it nor its foot soldiers have dealt squarely or clearly with the fact that its pompous values have been found incompatible with personal security and the rights of property. It fails to mention that it makes me sick to think that it might make my blood curdle quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "anthropomorphization". And it fails to mention that there are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent it has tried to support hostile governments known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery. The other is whether or not I like to speak of viewbob as "unforgiving". That's a reasonable term to use, I insist, but let's now try to understand it a little better. For starters, its secret passion is to attack everyone else's beliefs. For shame!

Viewbob has written volumes about how it can override nature. Don't believe a word of it, though. The truth is that my cause is to serve on the side of Truth. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that opportunism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Viewbob insists that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands they perpetrates.

A small child really couldn't understand that you don't need a preschool diploma to understand that viewbob's claque controls illegal drugs and prostitution as well as banking, oil, defense, and the media. But any adult can easily grasp that idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why viewbob spends its leisure time devising ever more self-centered ways to divert us from proclaiming what in our innermost conviction is absolutely necessary. Your guess is as good as mine as to why viewbob wants to take the focus off the real issues. Maybe it's because it plans to impose a particular curriculum, vision of history, and method of pedagogy on our school systems. I'm sick of viewbob sticking its proboscis into everyone else's business. As an interesting experiment, try to point this out to it. (You might want to don safety equipment first.) I think you'll find that it's easy for viewbob to bombastically declaim my proposals. But when is it going to provide an alternative proposal of its own? First, I'll give you a very brief answer and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, it has commented that people prefer "cultural integrity" and "multicultural sensitivity" to health, food, safety, and the opportunity to choose their own course through life. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense. I could be wrong about any or all of this, but at the moment, the above fits what I know of history, people, and current conditions. If anyone sees anything wrong or has some new facts or theories on this, I'd love to hear about them.

So I disagree, don't add viewbob to the game when moving.

Upvote 0
Usually I quote the old saying "There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers."
But in this case: "There are not so intelligent questions, and there are very stupid answers"

Back to topic: When I jogg my view don't shake. My brain refines the view for me, cute istn't it? Maybe you guys go outside and take some fresh air...

Upvote 0
If you look at the movies:
1) Shaving private ryans (private parts)
2) Band of brothers
.... The camera shakes pretty well to make the viewer "feel" the actors are running.
In real life, spotting enemies is ALOT harder when sprinting or jogging than, walking.

So YES, I agree as it will add to the realism that spotting will be nearly impossible at sprinting speeds, thus reminding the players that sprinting is something you dont do unless you wish to:
1) Move fast in safe areas
2) Move between cover (minimum expoture)
3) Get the hell away from your current position.

I beleive it should be done this way:
Each time the soldier sprints and puts his leg down, the view should shake.
SO its like : "bump......::bump...... Bump...... Bump"
A slight blur on each step would make it as in real life (atleast for me when sprinting on full)

Upvote 0