• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Blitzkrieg

well, nwvermine i actually played the map on a server today. the only problem is that there arnt to many player playing because most people search for amount of players in a server and not by map. well is any of you play the map let me know what you think. i have to warn you the buildings are not that great. keep in mind it took me a little over 3 weeks to put it together, so it wont be visually stunning. you might notice places where i actually took some time in. the map will get a complet overhaul until december and i will try to make it look much better, but for now i hope the game play is good. just a reminder the allies need to blow the fardest doors from the radio room to gain acces to the north side of the sewers.(you must use the engineer) Axis can open the far left and right door to gain access to the radio and south side of the sewer. this is a domination map and the first to take all 4 points wins.

Upvote 0
Posted this reply in the wrong thread:

I tried this one on DBDUK tonight, dunno what version it was. I think you need to get a better flow in the capping, since making a full cap vas VERY hard, especielly for the allies. Perhaps having one more cap point on the allied side (5 points in total) and having advancing spawns (might work if spawns advance if your team has both points on "their" side under control and caps radio).

Seemed like a nice map otherwise. For visuals, I'd like to see less sandbag walls and more "natural" cover, such as broken buildings and other crap down on the street, having the sandbag walls at exact 90 degrees angles doesn't look that realistic in my view.

Upvote 0
Played it yesterday.
To me it's just too Western European and not gritty enough.

Things dissapear over long distance. For instance the sandbags across the sniperhouse next to the ammo dump are invisible (the ones furthest away).
You can see people crawling but you can't hit them (and yes they are behind the bags so it's logical)
Frame rates are ok though, you did a good job there.

Anyway, make it more Eastern European and more gritty and you got a nice map.

Upvote 0
yes i know and ofcouse you can tell that am actually a fan ot the western european war, lol. I also put this map in a little over 3 weeks so i rushed it out because i have to start school soon. i will give it a total face lift as soon as i get a chance which will be in december. With this map am trying to go for more of a german town sort of look,and if anyone has any pics a i can use for this a would apreciate it.:D :D

Upvote 0
blitzkrieg v2

blitzkrieg v2

ok guys i see most people dont like this map so i did a couple of thing to try to make this an enjoyable map.
changes made:
- i got rid of the radio objective
- added 2 objectives (north and south sewer objectives)
- moved one 88 objective to the middle of the map(almost,lol), this make this objective easier for any team to hold and cap.
- matches only last 15 min
- blast doors now take damage from panzerfausts
- any team to cap and hold the 2 sewer objectives will have the objective closest to their spawn deactivated making it impossible for the oppisite team to cap. this ofcourse once any team holds the objective closest to their spawn( if the oppisite team takes the 2 sewer objectives their closest objective becomes deactivated and the other teams active again).

note: it is importan for each team to begin by capping the objective closest to their spawn. second to move some people to cap & hold both sewer objectives. third attack the last two objectives.
heres a link to the map: http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/205

Upvote 0
ok i just played the map and i had some problems like anyone how has played the map allready experienced, so to make sure the map runns prefectly (atleased until i correct it) make sure you the the following.
1. allies(ammo dump) and axis(the flak infront of the church) must cap the objective closest to their spawn.
2. have some people defend the objective
3. have a party of soldiers take the two sewer caps( this is where most fo the slaughter will occur) and hold them.
4. after the two sewer objectives have been capped and the objective closest to your spawn deactivates then you can have the defenders of the last objectives come and take the last two objectives.

sorry for any problems you guys may have but this is the way to do it for now.

Upvote 0
am not abandoning map makking i just cant work on this map for the moment. I am working with a group of guys to make maps called BlackcrossRedstar and we currently have a map in progress which is going to include new features to red orquestra. i cant say what we are working on until it is a functional weapon(hint*).
one more thing there is also a Bsp hole and i have to hope i keeped a copy that dossent have it. i think it occured on version2 but i cant look into it. even with the bsp hole the game seems to run ok on my computer.

Upvote 0