• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Occasionally unable to drop my gun

This isn't reliably reproducable unfortunately, but it seems about 50/50 whether I'm allowed to drop my weapon ... it varies from respawn to respawn but quite often I'll find myself hammering at the \ key and still clinging to my rifle. It's annoying as hell, especially when you're under fire and need to swap guns.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and also if it might not be time for the weapon dropping / switching to be simplified - as it stands the system is so fiddly as to contradict the "if it's easy in real life..." motto of the team. How about simply hitting use on the weapon you want to pick up, and automatically dropping your own as a result?

I've had that happen. Try switching real quick to another weapon and quickly back, e.g., switch to your grenades and back.

A lesson I keep telling myself to remember: A dropped gun means someone died there, which means someone was under fire there, which
means maybe it's not the best place to linger.

Upvote 0